• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I saw a guy with an iPad 2 on the course...

iPad on the course is pretty douchey.

Actually, its REALLY douchey.

Not realizing that Apple products are superior to all other mainstream competitor products is also douchey.

I would assume that 90% of you people hating on Apple have never sat down and tried their products. And no, not at the Apple Store, but a real life test run. Cant hate it till you have tried it!

I had a gf in college with a iMac. I LOATHED IT. :thmbdown:

I have an ipod. I HATE IT. :thmbdown:

Wish I would've gotten an MP3 player of any other brand. :doh:

Apple's software makes me want to poke out my eyes with a blunt object. :\

there's a radio show that comes here late night in which they always have the same "guest" on and they change his name every show and he always becomes this guy who is doing something really stupid, insane or offensive so people who have never heard the show call in and freak out on the guy.

I think that is the Phil Hendrie show. He is good, really makes you think what's going on is real. It got me the first few times I heard the show.

Not realizing that Apple products are superior to all other mainstream competitor products is also douchey.
A matter of opinion. Not fact.

I would assume that 90% of you people hating on Apple have never sat down and tried their products. And no, not at the Apple Store, but a real life test run. Cant hate it till you have tried it!
The products aren't the problem. Its the smug sense of superiority that the many of the product's consumers seem to get once they own one. Sorry, but I can't be part of that. I don't buy lattes, expensive wine or shop those trendy stores in the mall for the same reason.

The products aren't the problem. Its the smug sense of superiority that the many of the product's consumers seem to get once they own one. Sorry, but I can't be part of that. I don't buy lattes, expensive wine or shop those trendy stores in the mall for the same reason.

Hear hear!!!!

:hfive: :cool:

I love the apple stickers they give out for paying way to much for a product. Makes it easy to know who I go after if I ever snap...

But on another note, you could always buy a pc without windows, put any of the 4000+ linux variances and have all the same protection from virus, access to free programs all designed by the people that use them the most. And guess what you didnt have to pay 2k for an apple sticker...

iPad on the course is about as douche-baggish as an apple tattoo. Apple and MacIntosh stopped being relevant 20 years ago.

An opinion that is also fact!
An opinact or a fapinion!!

iPad on the course is about as douche-baggish as an apple tattoo. Apple and MacIntosh stopped being relevant 20 years ago.

I would disagree. They are very relevant, because they identify several things for me pretty quickly

1) do not research tech decisions
2) follow the crowd
3) too much money they don't care how to use it
4) does not belong on disc golf course?
5) like urban camo - "where did the d-bag go?"
6) wants to be L33t
7) spends too much on mp3s

I love my 'old' IPad that I use when I travel for work. It is great to read books on and waste time on this site. But on the course??? WTF? Makes no sense. Obviously a guy that is way too focused on his electronics. Maybe not a douche bag, but he has issues.

WHAT A ......

clown.jpg

I would disagree. They are very relevant, because they identify several things for me pretty quickly

1) do not research tech decisions
2) follow the crowd
3) too much money they don't care how to use it
4) does not belong on disc golf course?
5) like urban camo - "where did the d-bag go?"
6) wants to be L33t
7) spends too much on mp3s

Who actually buys mp3's???? :confused:

Who actually buys mp3's???? :confused:

I think that was exactly his point. And bringing an iPad on course is a bit much. I often listen to music when I am playing alone, but I use my 4 GB Sansa. I can't imagine wanting or needing something quite as unwieldy as an iPad on course or lugging it around even if I did.

anyone hear of pencil and paper?
And really? I don't even like having my cheapass phone with me. All you need is, discs, drink, towel, pencil/paper. Maybe some tunes, and a B if you got one.

I think that was exactly his point. And bringing an iPad on course is a bit much. I often listen to music when I am playing alone, but I use my 4 GB Sansa. I can't imagine wanting or needing something quite as unwieldy as an iPad on course or lugging it around even if I did.

Helllll yeah. Those 4gb Sansa's are awesome. For the price, it's perfect. I take it to go workout/running/biking, etc. I wouldn't want something expensive and bulky, just a 50$ lil sansa is great:hfive:

The reason I do no support apple is the lock in on software... yes I know it can be cracked but we are talking about principle here, and i will pretend to have them. Why buy an Ipad when i can get a Galaxy tab, and not be forced to use apple software, much the same as the m4a mp3 issue.
According to Steve Jobs no one uses Java anymore, talk about living in a bubble.

I've found that making blanket statements like that about most any company like that guarantees that you'll be at the very least partially wrong. I'm a big fan of the iPod, but hate iTunes. The iPad is one of, if not the best tablet of it's kind and the iPhone is a great phone. However, the only reason I've found for most anyone (there are niches that are exceptions) to own an Apple computer is because you want an Apple computer. I'm not saying that isn't a valid choice, but that does not make all of their products superior. Heck, iTunes itself is bad enough to make the blanket statement that all Apple products are superior obviously false.

I also think that disliking a tech brand like this because of the image is just as bad as liking it because of the image. In other words, hating on someone for parading their Apple gear is equally as dumb as parading your Apple gear as a fashion statement.

nic777 said:
The reason I do no support apple is the lock in on software... yes I know it can be cracked but we are talking about principle here, and i will pretend to have them.
I'm with you on that one. I don't need the programs to be all open source or anything, but having a platform that's that closed is the opposite of what I want out of any sort of tech that Apple makes. I understand why they do it and why people want it, but I also understand why people put those bumpers in the gutters when they bowl.

I understand the irony of me liking iPods but having those "principles." My only explanation is that my desire for a nice MP3 player is stronger than those principles.

I use a 7" android device on the course to keep score and for music. I used use pencil and paper and still use a sansa sometimes. I like scorekeeping electronically because I always lose pencils. I wish there was a much more robust android app like the apple one.

I loaded DG caddy on my iPod yesterday. I'll give it a try this weekend. My eyes are not what they used to be on close objects, so this should make scorekeeping a little easier..............I hope. If not, it was only 1.99. but the iPad seems a little too bulky to lug around on the course. to each his own. I used PC products for nearly 20 yrs, got a iMac at work(not my $$$$) and I will probably never go back to PC products. the hardware is almost bullet proof............And I used to make fun of the Mac heads at work, now I guess I'm one of them. what goes around, comes around.

Latest posts