• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think Val got burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Val's mother seriously the caddy? She DEFINITELY should have known better.

And, who dropped the dime? ?

I checked out the video on 26A where Leslie was going radioactive and I noticed 2 things. First, the beer Sharon was carrying didn't appear empty and second, the beer looked to be a Founders All-Day IPA (one of my favorites).

Tertiarily (not a word, but it should be), I believe that you can also see Shawn Sinclair in the video. He was at the tourney as a pdga liaison and possibly a course Marshall too. He may have made the call.

I don't get why this is such a big deal. I mean it really sucks for Val and I feel bad about how it is, but rules are rules. If this happened to most other players in the field nobody would care.

Rules say no alcohol, play was happening under somewhat of a spotlight, rules were enforced.

Spotlight? Eh this has been bigger news vs the entire event. I don't even know who won lol.

TD made it a big deal. No one outside of a few attending would have even known about this beer-gate18 BS.

First, I had to look up Paladin, and second, you have got to be kidding me. That's an arcane joke of great merit if ever I read one. You score best joke and follow up of the day for me.

BTW - since there is a modern Paladin, you might want to look up the original usage, that's what made the joke for me.

It works on so many levels. Glad I could bring some whimsy. Kudos to Zenbot for the follow-up

I checked out the video on 26A where Leslie was going radioactive and I noticed 2 things. First, the beer Sharon was carrying didn't appear empty and second, the beer looked to be a Founders All-Day IPA (one of my favorites).

Tertiarily (not a word, but it should be), I believe that you can also see Shawn Sinclair in the video. He was at the tourney as a pdga liaison and possibly a course Marshall too. He may have made the call.

It isn't right that I looked at the vid three times and couldn't figure out what that can was and you nailed it first try. Clearly, I need to expand my liquid repertoire.

If it's Tertiarily, then wouldn't it be primusarily, and secundusarily?

The rule at Dela applies to the majority of the parks I've been in. Rent a pavilion - drink beer @ the pavilion. But how it is enforced varies greatly. From Rangers hiding in bushes to hand out citations to completely ignoring drunk idiots dragging coolers of beer. Just pointing that out.

Your point stands though - park officials seeing disc golfers in a positive light is essential, but damn do we have our work to do on that one.
IME, parks can be drastically different on how they enforce rules. There are parks around here that I have never seen any kind of security at. Others have rangers which are glorified security. A county park district here has rangers that are a certified police force. Then there are the local parks which the local cops patrol. All have varying degrees of enforcement. The county park rangers take their jobs pretty seriously. I used to work at one of the park golf courses and saw them ticket people on several occasions, they have a district wide ban on bringing in alcohol unless you have rented a shelter. But they also sell alcohol at the golf courses and some recreational areas. So that may be why they enforce that rule more than others, it effects their bottom line...

Funny, someone on Reddit thought the exact opposite and said that she carries it as though it is empty.

I personally feel people carry cans however they damn please and it could be either, but I know I hold cans like that while I walk when they have beer in them still...

Spotlight? Eh this has been bigger news vs the entire event. I don't even know who won lol.

TD made it a big deal. No one outside of a few attending would have even known about this beer-gate18 BS.

I was meaning the play itself was under somewhat of a spotlight as it was lead card of a big tournament and being filmed.

Now this after the fact stuff I'd say it's under a spotlight and some people want to take it under the microscope...

Funny, someone on Reddit thought the exact opposite and said that she carries it as though it is empty.

I personally feel people carry cans however they damn please and it could be either, but I know I hold cans like that while I walk when they have beer in them still...

Sorry, too good to pass up, I thought she carried it as if it were... half full.

Will someone please report on the actual facts already, so people will stop speculating?

I get that people involved want this to blow over, but that's not really how things work.

Also, regarding the language in the rule, specifically the part with "may": how many times do things like this have to come up, where the only thing that's clear is that the rule is not worded precisely and clearly enough? I feel like there is at least one or two of these things per season.

No smoking or drinking at DeLa. It's a $50 fine if an officer catches someone. I had an officer walk up to my truck and was getting ready to ticket me for smoking. He said he saw smoke coming out of my truck. I picked up my aerosol can and simply sprayed some more sunblock on my arm. When he saw the mist come off, he simply said he was sorry and walked away. I love that story.

As a side note, all of the registered players received an email from Braden, the TD, that alcohol would not be permitted at DeLa before, during, or after one's round under penalty of DQ. Needless to say, there was quite a bit of hydroflasking going on anyway. Val was the only one to get nailed.

Just a thought.....

Would anybody park in a spot that had a big sign on it that read..."No parking violaters MAY be towed"?

But I like parking there, it's so close...and the guy who called the towing company didn't have to do it. What a jerk. Could have done nothing and it'd be fine too.

But then next time someone else will want that spot, they're jealous I was there today now that they've seen how close it is to the park entrance.

Also, regarding the language in the rule, specifically the part with "may": how many times do things like this have to come up, where the only thing that's clear is that the rule is not worded precisely and clearly enough? I feel like there is at least one or two of these things per season.

Grammar Nazis...;)

This thread really could have been summed up in a page. (Not Paige).

Did Val know the rules?
1. Yes. She should have been DQ'd.
2. No. She should have been DQ'd and have the rule explained to her.

And Val is my favorite FPO player. But c'mon man.

Status
Not open for further replies.