• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

IAmA McFlySoHigh Video

your videos are some of the best! Do you plan on filming anything in Texas this year?

Ahhh yes,one of my favorite YouTube channels. Keep up the good work abd I hope to see more in 2014.

I recently suscribed. Great coverage and we love no commentary although it is nice sometimes, it'd take None over most. Keep it up!

You provide some of the best footage out there, keep it up man.

Love your videos.
Thanks for all the hard work.
Thanks for not playing music, except on Intros.
Not a complaint, but my one request is that we see and hear more of the interaction of the Pros between shots and between holes.

There are some great (not private) conversations that I would love to see and hear. I like to hear the back-and-forth between the Pros, and I miss that on videos.

Hi DGCR, this is Marty McGee, and my YouTube alias is McFlySoHigh Video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/martyhmcgee/featured

Ask me anything!

I've got a few if you feel like addressing any of them.

1.) What types of cameras do you recommend?
2.) How many people does it take in a crew to adequately film a round?
3.) In your opinion, what makes for a great course to film? Flip side, what makes for a really bad one?
4.) Who that we may have heard of seems to really struggle playing well while they are being filmed?

Thanks bro. Much love!

"Ask me anything, but Im not going to answer." :p

Yea, so the whole AMA thing only works when the person responds within an hour or so.That's kind of the whole point right? To set set aside a few hours of your life to respond to everybody.

Maybe he will respond today? :confused:

Love your videos.
Thanks for all the hard work.
Thanks for not playing music, except on Intros.
Not a complaint, but my one request is that we see and hear more of the interaction of the Pros between shots and between holes.

There are some great (not private) conversations that I would love to see and hear. I like to hear the back-and-forth between the Pros, and I miss that on videos.

Agreed on all points. One other thing that I'd love to see is what disc they threw, akin to CCDG. Being a gear head I love this, although I understand the extra legwork involved in acquiring such info.

Regardless, keep up the awesome work! Looking forward to more videos this season.

Love your videos, Marty! What's your schedule like for the upcoming season? I know you're planning on getting to the GCC and Memorial, but what comes after?

I continually update my filming schedule here: http://www.youtube.com/user/martyhmcgee/about

Please note, though, that this is incomplete (due to character restrictions on this page) and subject to change. Thanks!

Sorry! I signed up for instant email notifications for this thread (my first here on DGCR), but didn't receive any. :/ A buddy of mine texted me with a heads-up (thanks Kevin!).

Yea, so the whole AMA thing only works when the person responds within an hour or so.That's kind of the whole point right? To set set aside a few hours of your life to respond to everybody.

Maybe he will respond today? :confused:

My apologies. I clicked on "instant thread notifications" but got nada.

Hi DGCR, this is Marty McGee, and my YouTube alias is McFlySoHigh Video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/martyhmcgee/featured

Ask me anything!

love your videos. I really like watching the big professionals play and you record them. You have the best videos on youtube. I would say that i have at least watched your videos 500-1,000 times. Over and over :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Right on! Your videos are the best.

How do you go about getting the rights / being allowed to follow and film these groups? I wish these amateurs would get the hell out of your way so you could get even better footage.

Pm me if you want to come film the Hickory Classic (B tier) this year. I'll pay for you a hotel room and take you out to dinner. We get a few pros (Johansen, Todd, Koling sometimes)

I appreciate all of your hard work.

Special permission to film has to be granted by the PDGA for all Major and NT events. All other events are "fair game" unless the TD has already granted exclusivity to another party. The latter is why I was barely allowed to film at last year's USDGC, and why I've been denied shooting there in 2014. Private courses are a little tricky, too. I make a special effort to reach out to TDs who are holding events on private courses.

Latest posts