• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ice Bowl 2009

thatguy

Birdie Member
Is anyone playing in the ice bowls this year? When and where?

I played in the one @ Sherando yesterday.

Playing in the one at Signal Hill on 1/31/09
and Whispering falls on 2/22/09

I played Oregon Park in Georgia on Jan 24th.

Playing Crockett Park in Tennessee on Jan 31st.

Playing Perkerson Park In Georgia on March 8th.

I played in one yesterday, Dretzka Park, Milwaukee, WI. I will probably never play it again, it's not worth $35 to be out in -4ºF weather with the AM field filled with sandbaggers that should've been playing ADV AM or even PRO. Expect a rant post later... >.<

Played Canton, Ohio's on Saturday. Some of us made the local paper.
RenoIceBowl2009.jpg

Sherando was a good time! Not a true ice bowl though, no ice, no snow. They didn't have a rec division though and most of the advanced players were playing in the intermediate division...... baggers!

I played in a beginners division based on recommendations of some of the guys running the tournament. They knew it was my first tournament and I have only been playing for a few months. It turns out I won first place for that division by a couple of strokes. We played 40 holes and I ended up 5 over par. All holes were par 3 and we played from the short tees. I am going to move up a notch next week. Anyway it was great fun.

I played in a beginners division based on recommendations of some of the guys running the tournament. They knew it was my first tournament and I have only been playing for a few months. It turns out I won first place for that division by a couple of strokes. We played 40 holes and I ended up 5 over par. All holes were par 3 and we played from the short tees. I am going to move up a notch next week. Anyway it was great fun.

move up you sandbagger!!!!:eek: (just kidding bro!)

i played M'boro Tn on the 17th (30 degrees and WINDY)
i played Smyrna Tn on the 1th (40 and calm)
playing Crockett in B'wood Tn on the 31st (Yall come join us!!!)
playing Perk. in ATL on feb 8th.

Im getting my fill of ice bowls, although i know you guys up north in the snow would love to have some 30's and 40's to throw in.:D

i'm ready for some fire bowls

Played my first one saturday, took fourth in novice it was my fourth tourny. I didnt think i would do that well after the first round cause i tanked it. Then came back from lunch and i was in a four way tie for fifth beat my card and jumped over one on the top. I will win my first tourny this year, and i dont care if its as a novice you gotta start somewhere.

I haven't heard of any ice bowls aroud here.... I'm a noob to tourney's so there is probally a spot to look that I don't know about yet..... I played one tourney in the rain and wind and it was interesting..... send me a link to any spots that might help me out....TY....

I played in the Ice Bowl at Chavez Ridge this weekend. Definitely not a true "Ice Bowl" like the rest of the country but as close as it gets in So Cal because it was raining all day, windy and muddy. Lots of fun tromping around in mud and slinging the discs around to raise money for charity. Hope everyone else has fun at their respective Ice Bowls!

Playing this coming Saturday at Parma!!

Haven't played in about three months :eek:

But gotta to play this Ice Bowl whenever I can to support the charities. :D

8th annual Ice Bowl at Flip City was awsome.24 to 30 inches of snow,17 degrees,sunny and no wind.It took my group 5 hours for the 24 holes.On 6a I landed on the rock pile,and the snow was up to my waist off the trail.Good workout!One Day Closer To Spring.

Ha, well I am playing Mobile's Ice Bowl this saturday, but there will definitely not be any ice. I will likely be in shorts and a t-shirt...ah, gotta love the warmth of the South. Wish me luck