• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ice Bowl Winnings

I stepped up to Pro Open for my own Ice Bowl and tied for 3rd out of 6 players........ the REAL winner was the charity, $640 and 200 lbs of food were donated by the 33 players in attendance. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was wondering that myself. We had a fairly big ace pot hit this year. The TDs were a little shocked when the guy collected his half and walked away with it. At least the charity's rep wasn't there to see it, too.

I know times are tough for everybody. If you can afford the entry fee for the Ice Bowl and home Internet to see this message, you definitely don't need the money as bad as someone who can't afford food (or whatever your charity does). Chances are that little bit of extra money you won could've given a family a second chance.

I believe the disc companies put the effort into the Ice Bowl as a way to allow us to give back to the community. If not for the charity, the Ice Bowl wouldn't exist.

If you are going to take money for an Ace pool you should expect that the person who hits an Ace will walk with the money. Thats the reason you put in for the ace pool... if not, you would just say "Hey, feel like donating an extra $1 for charity." Don't call it ace pool money if you don't want it to be treated that way.

Norman Snowball. 3rd Novice. Champ Boss and R-Pro Aviar

payout.jpg

Got first in the Intermediate division. They had some really nice trophies made for the divisional winners.
SSPX0200.jpg

Also smashed chains on a CTP contest and walked away with a...
Champ Valkyrie
Champ Banshee
Champ Eagle
Champ XCal
Eco Star Destroyer
Z Surge SS

I was on fire that day. I hit an Ace during my warm-up round.

I tied for 1st in MA1 - got a DX Roc with the ice bowl stamp, and an Ice Bowl logo towel. Good times.

P.S. I lost in a playoff :(

Got first in the Intermediate division. They had some really nice trophies made for the divisional winners.
SSPX0200.jpg

Also smashed chains on a CTP contest and walked away with a...
Champ Valkyrie
Champ Banshee
Champ Eagle
Champ XCal
Eco Star Destroyer
Z Surge SS

I was on fire that day. I hit an Ace during my warm-up round.

That's a great plaque.

i won int i won 85 in funny money for discs. then in the raffle i won 2 disc and a 25 Giordanos gift card pretty good day overall

man i would love some Giordanos right now...Indiana sucks, I need to move back to Chicagoland

My teammate and I took 2nd after losing in a sudden death round in the ams division.
94 players in attendance with low 30's 12-18" snow 10-15mph winds.
We raised $5604 for our charity (Hunters Hope).

OK, so none of this is actual 'winnings', but here's what I picked up today:

D Drone - 175-176
Star Teerex - 171
Supercolor Mini-Star
Z Buzzz - 173 (Extra tourney trophy for an unplayed division)
Z Avenger - 174, signed by (pre championship) Nate Doss (raffle)
Gateway 2 piece mini

The drone and Mini-Star were my player pack. The rest was for volunteering, the TD likes to take care of his helpers :D

Also found the steal of the decade. I got $20 of gift cards to the local head shop whcich happens to also sell discs. All the plastic was 25% off, and I found a first run Star Destroyer marked at $18. With the discount I GOT A FIRST RUN STAR DESTROYER FOR $13.50!!!!! Max weight (175), brand new, never been thrown. I paid $25 after I threw in a 2 piece Huk Lab mini.

My players pack was a star mako with the black IB stamp and i finished fifth out of 12 in a mixed division with my partner. We ended up winning 18 buffumville bucks which can be used at most local shops.

I played in Ice Bowl at Dr. James A. Dillon dgc on Feb 7 and tied for 2nd place in AM's. 1 round of 18 holes.

I also played in Ice Bowl at Morse Beach dgc on Feb 28. I had never played course before. Placed 12th out of 38 people. Pro and AM's together two round of 22 holes draw doubles after 1st round redraw for 2nd round and add both round for your scores.

Both in Noblesville, IN my first two ice bowls.

Last (6th) tourney in our winter series, I took last cash novice and walked out with a CFR Glow Destroyer, as well as a Champ Banshee for my player pack.

Latest posts