• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

This is an LS 1.10' what is the story on this version?

I have a few of these disc, some are 1.10 and others are 1.23. What's the difference?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 67
By the time Millennium came out in the mid 90's, we were already in the "this Whippet isn't as stable as my old Whippet" phase. They labeled the discs with run numbers, so if you liked a 1.8 and not a 1.12 you could look for the 1.8's and they would be easy to find. The first number is the mold. The Polaris LS is still using the original mold so that number is "1." The second number is the run number.

In theory, anyway. Millennium got lazy and wasn't really good about updating the stamps, so sometimes the run number overlaps multiple runs. At any rate you know the 1.10's are a lot older than the 1.23's.

I saw on the Innova Pro Store that they have a Champion Cobra that says it is the Ontario Mold. Can someone tell me what the differences would be in this compared to a non Ontario mold?

JLS question

I have these 4 disc. 3 of them have numbers, but the green one has none, what can anyone tell about that fact. The back side flight plate lettering is the same on all disc.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 85
I have these 4 disc. 3 of them have numbers, but the green one has none, what can anyone tell about that fact. The back side flight plate lettering is the same on all disc.

Thanks.
The run number thing was inconsistent from the start. The EXP1 started out without run numbers. I never did see an M Sentinel with run numbers. Sometimes they would disappear, then come back. No real explanation for it, other than Millennium sucked at updating the run numbers.

I saw on the Innova Pro Store that they have a Champion Cobra that says it is the Ontario Mold. Can someone tell me what the differences would be in this compared to a non Ontario mold?
The Ontario mold was the basic Cobra mold for over 15 years. It fades harder, gives you more of the true "S" flight.

FWIW, they put that disc into regular production; it's the King Cobra.

Thanks for the help.

The run number thing was inconsistent from the start. The EXP1 started out without run numbers. I never did see an M Sentinel with run numbers. Sometimes they would disappear, then come back. No real explanation for it, other than Millennium sucked at updating the run numbers.

You have been great with the details,

Thanks again.

Figured this would be a good place to ask rather than starting a thread.

Do some of the Innova molds still have the patent numbers on them? I have a couple of KC Rocs and a Star FB I purchased new this winter that do not look to be that old yet still have the patent numbers under the plate.

I also have a 12x KC Roc that has the "Multi-Purpose" stamp, anyone know how old these are or when they changed over to Mid-Range?

The last time I bought a Rancho Roc that patent number was still there. Maybe old stock? Maybe they never removed it?

Hey, I just remembered that my daughter bought a Roc last week. Patent # is still there.

The Ontario mold was the basic Cobra mold for over 15 years. It fades harder, gives you more of the true "S" flight.

FWIW, they put that disc into regular production; it's the King Cobra.

have been trying to find the answer to that for a while now. is the king cobra really the same as the ontario champ cobra? i had a king cobra that was very straight to left. my ontario champs have a nice understability to them

The King Cobra uses the Ontario Cobra top, and they all have the same wing. Unless they messed with the nose or something, the King Cobra and the old Champ Cobras are from the same mold. How they fly probably depends on how they domed up and probably varies a bit from run the run. I was actually very pleased with the King Cobra, it flew the way I thought a Cobra should.

Another dumb question - when were the first AJ Destroyers released?

Another dumb question - when were the first AJ Destroyers released?

Couldn't have been too long after he won Worlds in 2009.

I started playing in 2009 and I can remember buying an AJ Destroyer as early as Spring 2010.

I assume this is a beast or an orc but the stamp is barely there and i cant see the ink at all. Anybody help with this?
100_1694_zpsa8c7f1b4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100_1695_zps52067dea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100_1696_zpsd3659f19.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

^ Could be a monster, too. Throw it, if it's more OS than a Beast or Orc, it's likely a Monster.

Doesn't look like a beast rim. It has the lip there like a viking etc

Latest posts