• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Any help on this Innova champion plastic midrange from a 2012 tourney?

JpH5CQRl.jpg

Looks like a Gator.

I recently ordered 2 XG Valkyries from the Proshop. They're from the F2 Dx stamped batch. One disc has a traditional Valkyrie rim, the other does not. Directly below are the 2 Valks. The red has a normal slope in the rim, while the orange is flat with no slope. I took a picture of the 2 Valks, and the orange (no slope) with a Roadrunner. I'm curious how such a difference could occur.
19DCE330-6A2F-417E-8707-16E93ACBAF1D_zpsao8ymtfi.jpg

9093A4C4-1062-4301-B13F-E61BB4F64AA1_zpsliuat6ol.jpg

Asked the Proshop quite a while back, with no response as usual. I'm assuming the wrong mold was used at some point. Either way just one bump in case someone has solid info. Thanks.

Champion Roc?

Does anyone know if there were any Roc3's that were labeled just "R". I have a disc that I always thought was a Roc3 because it is Champ plastic and its certainly a roc... But I just picked up a new Roc3 and noticed it was labeled a "R3".

I was wondering if any Roc3's were labeled simply "R"? If not do you think it could be a Champion Roc or USDGC Roc? It has a weird stamp with some eye looking shapes. It isnt dyed, definitely stamped.

Any info would be great!

Thanks

I have multiple Roc3's that just have an R and multiple that have R3.. just depends on who was marking them that day

A picture here would help you out. One telltale sign of a USDGC Champ Roc is the tooling on the back is about halfway from the rim to the center, whereas the tooling on Roc3's is right up next to the rim.

Does anyone know if there were any Roc3's that were labeled just "R". I have a disc that I always thought was a Roc3 because it is Champ plastic and its certainly a roc... But I just picked up a new Roc3 and noticed it was labeled a "R3".
Thanks

I'll just add that Innova says on its website that some Roc3s are labeled "R." Both of my X-outs from the Factory Store just have an "R."

I have a question in regards to abbreviations. My buddy bought a Factory Second disc and was told it was a G-Star Tern but, upon closer inspection, he said the abbreviation on the back had the G and the star symbol with what he thought was a TH. I know a Tern goes with TE, but what is a TH? He has another Tern that he compared it to and the rims were not even close to being the same.

Latest posts