• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I had a CE teebird that had a divot like that. It came from them picking it out of the mold while the plastic was still to warm

any initials in the center on the inside? can't see from the pic.

I had an "X-out" star beast once that had the same rim divot.

This doesn't look like a Beast and no initials. It does have the LXDG written on it. and some weird symbol. Where did you lose and what initials?

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood. I believe he was asking about the initials to help ID the disc and he once had a Beast with a similar divot. I don't think he thinks it is his Beast.

I also vote Spider.

I think you misunderstood. I believe he was asking about the initials to help ID the disc and he once had a Beast with a similar divot. I don't think he thinks it is his Beast.

I also vote Spider.

Correct.

The initials will be in the center circle near the nipple. Probably pretty faded. Put the disc over a piece of white or yellow paper and it might show up better

If it's a smaller diameter disc, (smaller than a Roc) If so it's probably a Spider.

If it's the same size, probably a Roc. Could be a Cobra too.

Wing is too low for a Roc. It could be a Cobra. I'm not familiar enough with the Spider to know on that.

I believe it is a spider as well. Looks to be from the old pearly pro line era. The wing and nose do not appear to be the shape of a cobra. As previously stated the divot is more than likely the reason for the disc being an x-out. It was a molding issue.

I've been able the read 'invisible' faded model initials on unknown discs by wiping acetone, rubbing alcohol, denatured alcohol, etc over the lil circle where I know it was once written in ballpoint pen. As the liquid evaporates, and under bright light, you can sometimes see parts of the ghost impression that the pen left in the plastic. Even though you can't really see a whole letter at once, you can composite the bits and pieces of lines that you are able to see to find the info you want. That's how I found out that my first favorite driver[i've since disced down] is a star destroyer even though I found it and it has a tourney stamp.

It does look like a spider though

I also vote Spider.

Thanks Plunk, I understand now. I'll have to take a very close look to see. As of now, they have faded away forever.

I'll have to try Disc of Cheese's method and see if I can't resurrect the ink impression.

It wont really 'resurrect' it. As the liquid evaporates it will/can pool in the ghost impression from the pen allowing you to see impressions that are not visible by simply moving it around in the light. Once the liquid fully evaporates they will be invisible again.

For all those saying Spider, here's a profile pic of a Spider I own (my first ace disc, long since retired). It's in Star, purchased maybe 4 years ago:

Spider.jpg

I initially thought your disc looked like a Spider too, but comparing my pic to your profile pic, yours looks faster and pointier than this one, so I'm not so sure now. Unless champion plastic molded up a lot different than Star for Spiders, I'd guess your disc might be something different.

Looking at the profiles on the Innova website, I would have to say spider as well. Zooming in and changing the lighting to enhance the shadowy areas really made them look identical to me

Unknown disc

Hello, I found this discraft disc awhile back and I have no idea what it is. It is roughly 173g and it is for sure some sort of distance driver. I would love to hear some guesses/theories/answers. Sorry I have no other information.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts