• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

this is a frisbee i found in a friends' house. does anybody knows how old it is and if its something special?

Look at the tooling on this Frisbee, it's most probably on top. The mold number should be in there. I posted this picture to a lot of old time Frisbee collectors and they asked what the mold number was.

I have a latitude 64 disc with a stamp from 2015 world championships Moraine Lakeview course. It is either a missilen or raketen. It feels like gold plastic

Some Discraft misprints

The pink one is a sparkle FLX? from the Green Mountain Championship. Is it a Surge? (I have a better "full disc" look on the Discraft Misprint forum...

The purple disc has "Flick" etched in the rim, but I have my doubts. I've only had one Flick, but it had a very characteristic feel, and this has a bit of a dome. Maybe it IS a Flick after all?

Attachments

• LE sparkle maybe surge2.jpg
    LE sparkle maybe surge2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 19
  • LE Ti FLX maybe Flick1.jpg
    LE Ti FLX maybe Flick1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 17
  • LE Ti FLX maybe Flick2.jpg
    LE Ti FLX maybe Flick2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 15
That pink one isn't a Surge SS. Could be a regular Surge or even a Force. The purple one does look too domey to be a Flick. You can tell a flick by the profile of the disc though. Its Discraft's thinnest disc by far.

Anyone ever seen this stamp?

Yes, it is a "No Time" stamp. As opposed to Eleven time, Twelve time, or 12x world champion. It is during the 12x era I think because it has the flight numbers, but not exactly sure when. Maybe between Twelve time spelled out and 12x. I have one and it is not as pearly as that, but pearly and gummier champ than newer 12x.

So I picked this up thinking it was a gazelle, but am am unsure. It feels like pro plastic. Thoughts from the plastic historians? It is from the 1999 PDGA National Doubles Championships in Round Rock, TX

So I picked this up thinking it was a gazelle, but am am unsure. It feels like pro plastic. Thoughts from the plastic historians? It is from the 1999 PDGA National Doubles Championships in Round Rock, TX

I did some more digging, could it be an eagle?

That notch looks too big to be an Eagle. Looks more like a Gazelle. The Viper also had a big notch like that but it had a slightly more concave bottom wing.

That notch looks too big to be an Eagle. Looks more like a Gazelle. The Viper also had a big notch like that but it had a slightly more concave bottom wing.

That was my initial thought. I will be near my other gazelles later and can compare.

Doesn't that look like a Cheetah?

Both the Gazelle and Viper in 1999 had Ontario tooling. The Pegasus did as well. The Eagle and EXP1 had Rancho tooling, but it was different, farther out toward the wing. I think the only discs that would have been out with that tooling were the Cheetah, Polaris LS, Polaris LF and JLS. The Cheetah is the only one of those that would have that notch, unless the notch is exaggerated somehow in the picture.

The reason I'm hesitant on the Cheetah is the plastic. He says it feels like Pro, and the disc in the picture is fingerprinty. That is telltale Millennium plastic. They did have the KC Pro Cheetah at that time (same plastic basically) but the KC Pro discs were not supposed to be available for custom stamps. Never say never, though. Other than the plastic, I keep coming back to Cheetah.

I did forget the Banshee, though. It doesn't look like a Banshee to me; the Banshee had the EXP1/Eagle tooling that looked different from this disc. I could have forgotten something else as well.

200_s.gif

^^^^^^ I have that exact disc and its a cheetah. Supposed to be 9x kc pro plastic.
It would be the 9X timeframe. I forget when they started making KC Pro discs in color. I used to throw KC Cheetahs but all of mine were 8X and they were all white. They did start running them in colors and tie-dyeing them at some point.

Houck had the connections to get that done, though. National Doubles was his big event.