• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Anybody know what this is? Says Smackdown Twelve April 23rd 2016. Did a quick search and couldn't find any info on the tourney or the disc. Thanks in advance. IMG_1695.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget the Pegasus. You can't tell a Pegasus from a Gazelle without calipers, they are almost identical. Also, it didn't exist in '94-'95.

When you say "it is a overall smaller disc" which disc are you referring to? The Gazelle in general is a small diameter disc, so if the Ice Bowl disc is noticeably smaller than the 9X KC you have that would be weird.

Also, does the tooling on your 9X KC match the tooling on the Ice Bowl disc?

http://i.imgur.com/0lS2qCD.jpg

The icebowl is smaller (the entire disc is smaller) than the gazelle and has a bead. The tie-dye below is the KC 9x Gazelle. The Gazelle is 8.25" in and the Icebowl is 8.125" in.

Maybe I should email the people who run the Icebowl and see what they were running in 94-95.

edit: The tooling is definitely different between the too.

Last edited:
http://i.imgur.com/0lS2qCD.jpg

The icebowl is smaller (the entire disc is smaller) than the gazelle and has a bead. The tie-dye below is the KC 9x Gazelle. The Gazelle is 8.25" in and the Icebowl is 8.125" in.

Maybe I should email the people who run the Icebowl and see what they were running in 94-95.

edit: The tooling is definitely different between the too.
The Ice Bowl is a nation-wide event. I'm 100% sure Rick has no idea what discs had Ice Bowl stamps in '95.

The only small-diameter drivers Innova had in '94 (Ice Bowl in in January so the '95 discs would have been stamped in '94) were the Whippet and Gazelle. The Cheetah didn't come out until later in '95 and had Rancho tooling anyway. So it's either a Gazelle or a Whippet. You said it was shorter than the Gazelle so I'm assuming beefier? That would make it a Whippet.

I have a 09 color Ice bowl disc with all 3 of the characters on the disc it is a unused 180 gram KC ROC I just want to know which model it would it be, the 10 time or the 11 time? I don't think it was the 12 time I think he won his last of these events in 09 before going up to masters at age 42 or 43.

$_1.JPG

this is of somebody else's disc same exact one to my post above. Mine is flatter though and came ivory color.

I have a 09 color Ice bowl disc with all 3 of the characters on the disc it is a unused 180 gram KC ROC I just want to know which model it would it be, the 10 time or the 11 time? I don't think it was the 12 time I think he won his last of these events in 09 before going up to masters at age 42 or 43.
Those are 12X's. They didn't do large-scale custom stamps on KC Pro Rocs until the 12X's. I have one just like it, kinda flat in the center of the dome where the stamp is.

Those are 12X's. They didn't do large-scale custom stamps on KC Pro Rocs until the 12X's. I have one just like it, kinda flat in the center of the dome where the stamp is.
So then Ken Climo won his last worlds in 2008, I could not remember when he won his last worlds. At age 42 or 43 he went to Masters for big events like World tour and National tour and top A tier events. You don't even hear about him winning in masters tournaments anymore something he did quite frequently when he first became a masters player. His last win was in 2015.

Climo from memory:

Won '90-'98-9X
lost to Ron Russell in '99
Won in '00-10X
Lost in '01 to Cam Todd
Won in '02-11X
lost in '03-'04 to Barry
lost in '05 to Nate Doss
Won in '06-12X

Doss won in '07, Feldberg in '08, Jenkins in '09, McCabe in '10, Doss in '11 and then I lose track. Or interest. Either one.

So by my memory Climo's last Open title was in '06.

Climo from memory:

Won '90-'98-9X
lost to Ron Russell in '99
Won in '00-10X
Lost in '01 to Cam Todd
Won in '02-11X
lost in '03-'04 to Barry
lost in '05 to Nate Doss
Won in '06-12X

Doss won in '07, Feldberg in '08, Jenkins in '09, McCabe in '10, Doss in '11 and then I lose track. Or interest. Either one.

So by my memory Climo's last Open title was in '06.

And Feldburg, and McCabe went to the Latitude 64 brands one to Latitude 64 Dave Feldburg and Eric McCabe to Dynamic Discs. Even Avery Jenkins wife went to Latitude 64. I can see them using Latitude 64 but some of the side brands are not nearly as good as the Latitude 64 brand.

I didn't know Avery Jenkins had a wife. His sister moved to Discraft this Spring.

To be fair, Innova cut ties with Feldberg, not the other way around. He landed at Lat 64 after he was dropped.

McCabe's situation was weird in that he had huge ties with DD when DD was a retailer. When they started manufacturing, he had to choose between two companies and he picked DD over Discraft. If he didn't already have that big tie-in with DD, who knows what he does?

Well Dave Feldburg said that Innova discs were now coming out too inconsistent but that he would still use them as they were the sponsor for his discs at a teaching event. I was wrong that was Avery's Sister my bad. I forget Eric was working for one brand then got sponsored by Discraft for a bit then as soon as Dynamic Discs saw that they hired him back. It was different from Simon Lizote and Eagle McMahon being Innova and going to another brand in its arsenal when the company has a guy come to Innova to help create its brand and they finally get a full enough lineup. It is like in the 2000's when Millennium came out with its discs yes 2 of the discs were under Innova before Millennium came out.

ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

It's interesting that no MPO world champ, at least since mid 2000s, has won a world title with a different company than what he originally won the title with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey Everyone, I'm looking for some info on this CE TL. Basically, I'm trying to figure out if this is, in fact, the CE TL that is mentioned in this tourney info from 2004

4JlUp1Ol.jpg

EJMeyXal.jpg

qmuD4jnl.png

Thanks!!

Hey Everyone, I'm looking for some info on this CE TL. Basically, I'm trying to figure out if this is, in fact, the CE TL that is mentioned in this tourney info from 2004

Thanks!!
apdrvya was really into identifying runs of CE awhile back. you could PM him and see what he thinks.

Anyone know what kind of Innova star driver this is?

Does anyone recognize this driver? I found it at my local course and it says Tanglewood 2014 on it but completely blank on the back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 20
http://i.imgur.com/3ZqdVoV.png

I recently got this KC 10x Teebird (says 2000 winners and 2001 tourney) but it HAS A NIPPLE ON IT (on top). I tried googling about the nipple TeeBird and the only link I found was broken.

So whats up with the nipps? i somehow managed to get this with a 20$ bid. I like it more than the 9x I've acquired recently (it seems stiffer and grippier)

Latest posts