• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what this disc is.
The pic of the back shows a "C" or a "L".
Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• disc 1.jpg
    disc 1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 25
  • disc 2.jpg
    disc 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
  • disc 3.jpg
    disc 3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 31
just curious about the plastic on this EL, bought it last year solely b/c the plastic was like nothing i had felt before. its completely opaque and feels like star but just a touch stiffer.

470995.jpeg

Is that the Stary-Champ I hear about?

It looks a lot like any Champion Banshees you see nowadays, super opaque and all. But the stiffness is different....

So I picked this disc up today, an I'm not sure what it is. It's from the 2010 Worlds. It looks like it's made out of GL plastic, but it has not Lat64 markings. It also has the Discraft weight stamp. The rim looks like a fairway or tweener mid. Definiately not like any Lat64 disc I've ever held, any idea if Discraft was releasing some kind of Ti back then?

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 34
So I picked this disc up today, an I'm not sure what it is. It's from the 2010 Worlds. It looks like it's made out of GL plastic, but it has not Lat64 markings. It also has the Discraft weight stamp. The rim looks like a fairway or tweener mid. Definiately not like any Lat64 disc I've ever held, any idea if Discraft was releasing some kind of Ti back then?
it may be a silver squall. thats my first impression anyway.

^^^This was my thought, it was very close rim when I compared it to a SP Squall, but it was slightly different. It could be that the material was what affected the rim. Thanks for the help.

Do you know if this would just be silver Proline or is this going to be a more test run type of Ti?

GloTgood.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok, this says glo tee bird with a proto star...The plastic feels different than any i have felt...anyone know when this is from? What type of plastic?

Bottom stamp

So I know what disc this is but why is the stamp on the bottom and is it an unusual find?

photostream

Innova does Bottom Stamps on occasion (DX Rocs are easy to come by) but I don't know how often Gateway does it.

GloTgood.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok, this says glo tee bird with a proto star...The plastic feels different than any i have felt...anyone know when this is from? What type of plastic?

it's old glo dx, way different than new glo dx.

cool. does it feel like a leopard or a cheetah?

I haven't done a side by side comparison (after I posted I realized that I should have taken a profile pic :wall:)

I'll check thru this evening...thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts