• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose-mdg

""Supporting The Legacy""
I wanted to start a thread kind of similar to ....What is this disc worth...? but for this one you can post a picture of discs you wanna know more info about , for the people like me that are not real good with the history of discs. Hopefully the veterans can shed some light for us.:thmbup:

picture.php

dx roc 171 rancho, ca it seems flater on top then the others i have.....is this an old style roc...?

Define "old style".
It's not an original Roc (small diameter) but it looks like a real early version of the Roc most people throw today (larger diameter).
When the first larger diameter rocs came out they had the wing stamp, then they went to this stamp for maybe the second run? :confused: Not sure how it went down but that's how I remember and I was throwing Rocs before the large diameter Rocs were made.

I'm talking about your second picture.

not really sure what i mean........i noticed the weight is written real big in the center circle .....i have an old looking aero and scorpion that does also.... plus the bird is facing different ways ...i got most of my discs from my brother when he was murdered so i dont really know what i have.

picture.php

dx aero 173 rancho ,cal ......does not have a letter to say its an aero ,just says aero in the stamp on the bottom.....is this older..?

picture.php

dx aero 173 rancho ,cal ......does not have a letter to say its an aero ,just says aero in the stamp on the bottom.....is this older..?

They don't put letters on Aero discs.
I don't know exactly why.

...pekingese, lost in the highland park area, she was half dead when I found her.

picture.php

dx roc 179 rancho , ca .... is this an old style roc...?
The Rancho Roc came out in '97, so this disc is from somewhere between there and when they went to the right-facing Roc stamp in '01-ish.

picture.php

The Aero was discontinued in the late 80's because the mold warped and the discs came out deformed. In 1996 they re-created the Aero mold and reintroduced it as the "Classic" Aero. Both of the Aero's you posted would be from between '96 and when they went to the new stamps in '00 or '01 or '02 (I'm not exactly sure when that happened.)

What is the story on this disc?

Attachments

• P1010027.jpg
    P1010027.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 527
Ring of Rocs Flat-top Ching Roc. pretty desirable. FatBackBob would give you some man-love if he knew you had it. that's all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts