• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innova Driver - What type?

Just got this disc today on a pretty good deal on Craigslist in a lot of discs. I compared it to the Innova Abbreviation chart, but was unable to find it.

It appears to be a discs from one of those three in one combos...any assistance is appreciated.

I'm posting two discs back to back...

This is the yellow driver...

Attachments

• 20131004_132818.jpg
    20131004_132818.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20131004_132825.jpg
    20131004_132825.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20131004_132838.jpg
    20131004_132838.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 36
Innova Mid Range - What type?

Just got this disc today on a pretty good deal on Craigslist in a lot of discs. I compared it to the Innova Abbreviation chart, but was unable to find it.

It appears to be a discs from one of those three in one combos...any assistance is appreciated.

I'm posting two discs back to back...

This is the blue mid range...

Attachments

• Copy of 20131004_132743.jpg
    Copy of 20131004_132743.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Copy of 20131004_132754.jpg
    Copy of 20131004_132754.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 33
Star Vulcan on the yellow/green one?

Ape on the second one?

I think you're probably right on the Star Vulcan. You think the R - AR in text might just be a miswrite? or would the R stand for Regular? It's more a DX type plastic...softer feel. Yellow one is definitely a Star quality.

Thanks for the feedback.

R normally stands for R-Pro plastic. If the rim is the same width as the Vulcan, it's an Ape. If it's smaller, probably a Archon.

R normally stands for R-Pro plastic. If the rim is the same width as the Vulcan, it's an Ape. If it's smaller, probably a Archon.

It's an Archon based on the pictures of similiar discs on ebay. I'm finding several Archons with same abbreviation.

Thanks!

I think thats a fair assessment, yes. Im not sure on the value though, id guess around $40 maybe?

lots of roc experts here, post it in that thread and youll get an accurate price
6x would have been '95.

The Roc in '95 was the Ontario.

That does not look like an Ontario Roc. :\ I think it is a Cobra.

This is an Ontario Roc. The wing is rounded down, not so blunt. It has more of a gradual dome, not so flat on top.

The Cobra is flat on top and has a blunter nose.

I was just guessing that it was a roc since he said it wasnt a cobra, and those are really the only 2 innova molds that I know of that look like that.

Now as for value, that $40 that was tossed out there was way off. I would say $40 would be about the minimum if is was brand new and max weight. I would only value this to be about a max of $20 because of the condition that it is in, and if it is a low weight then value would be lower as well.

And just because he won his 6th title in 95 doesnt automaticially mean that if this disc is a roc then it has to be an ontario. It could still be a San Marino.

And just because he won his 6th title in 95 doesnt automaticially mean that if this disc is a roc then it has to be an ontario. It could still be a San Marino.
FWIW, it doesn't look like a San Marino, either. It looks like a Cobra.

What is the difference between a single ring small bead San Marino Aviar and a two ring small bead San Marino Aviar? Other than one has two rings and one has one of course. Is the single ring Sanny newer or older, or is this a different mold?

What is the difference between a single ring small bead San Marino Aviar and a two ring small bead San Marino Aviar? Other than one has two rings and one has one of course. Is the single ring Sanny newer or older, or is this a different mold?
I've heard multiple thing about the rings. At one point I was told that the rings were due to milling on the molds that wear off and smooth out at some point, basically the same reason that is given for record tops. The other thing I was told is multiple mold pieces i.e there was more than one Aviar core piece.

What either of those things would mean in the end is a complete mystery to me. :| Back in the day we had two ring and three ring Aviars; most people never seemed to notice a difference. Of course some people counted the nipple and called them three and four ring Aviars, so if somebody said "three ring Aviar" you were never quite sure what they meant.

None of which helps you at all. :\ Basically back in the day the only disc where people really made a big deal out of the number of rings was the Sanny Rocs. Nobody really cared how many rings an Aviar had. Now that the San Marino cores are gone it seems to matter, but when they were around it really didn't.

Which, BTW, is pretty much the small bead phenomenon of 2013 in a nutshell. Aviar P & A's were around for years with the small bead. Really all anybody cared about was the weight, otherwise they were just Aviar P & A's. They were super-duper common. There must have been a million of them made in the 90's. Now that they have been OOP for a number of years, suddenly they are desirable and people are noticing differences in them that nobody noticed or cared about when they were everywhere.

Discraft cyclone 2

Hi!

Just found this disc from lake. Disc has no name so I tried to google some info but couldn't find much. Would really like to know more. Weight is 175-176. Cheers

Attachments

• kuva.jpg
    kuva.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 25
the Cyclone 2 was a disc made my discraft. I am pretty sure, it's a more over stable version of the cyclone.

2rcy0qv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.