• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the old First run stamp. It spanned through DX, SE and CE. I believe that Innova changed to the mini star stamp in about 2001. If it is a Teebird then it is CE and worth 200+. If it is a Roc then it is SE and worth $50+. If not then it is probably buttery DX and worth $25 tops. I have heard that the Eagles and Banshees are SE but who knows...

Yeah there have been several discs with the old First Run stamp on Proshop. DX Valkyries and SE Banshees notably. I've also had a DX Firebird.

just snagged this gator from FB..its marked 171 GT on the nipple and has the old *innova factory second* stamp on it..due to a cpl black specs and it is slightly pearly and is flatter than most of the cfr runs ive seen
anyways i was wondering if this is the old stock champ run or one of the newer cfr runs.i have an 11x roc with this stamp so im thinking its an older stock but im not sure..im not much into gators but i took a chance at $15

Attachments

• IMG_20131216_154509295.jpg
    IMG_20131216_154509295.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20131216_154556946.jpg
    IMG_20131216_154556946.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 21
not CE QJLS, right?

Can anyone verify that these are regular champ qjls? I dont know much, plus the stamps are obliterated. I'd also be curious about a $ evaluation if you had any idea. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 25
  • 1_image.jpg
    1_image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 25
just snagged this gator from FB..its marked 171 GT on the nipple and has the old *innova factory second* stamp on it..due to a cpl black specs and it is slightly pearly and is flatter than most of the cfr runs ive seen
anyways i was wondering if this is the old stock champ run or one of the newer cfr runs.i have an 11x roc with this stamp so im thinking its an older stock but im not sure..im not much into gators but i took a chance at $15

Looks like regular Champion plastic to me. Almost every CE Gator I've seen was really pearly.

Still may have value, if it's older Champion plastic, which it seems to be because of the stamp.

Looks like regular Champion plastic to me. Almost every CE Gator I've seen was really pearly.

Still may have value, if it's older Champion plastic, which it seems to be because of the stamp.

i didnt think it was ce just wondered if it was older stock or newer cfr stuff

That is the old First run stamp. It spanned through DX, SE and CE. I believe that Innova changed to the mini star stamp in about 2001. If it is a Teebird then it is CE and worth 200+. If it is a Roc then it is SE and worth $50+. If not then it is probably buttery DX and worth $25 tops. I have heard that the Eagles and Banshees are SE but who knows...
FWIW, we never called that the "first run" stamp. It was the "Choice of Champions" stamp and was used on various SE runs, team discs and some proto/first runs. You more often saw the Star stamp on the first runs:

Also during the 90's they also did disc specific first run star stamps:

Later they had a first run bar stamp:

I think the reason that the "Choice of Champions" TeeBirds are valuable is becasue they were a sweet CE run that were team stamped. The original run of SE Super Rocs also had that stamp, which is why those go for $50.

Most discs with that stamp are DX and fairly worthless, though. I have that stamp on first run Wolves and first run Gators that are worth $0.00

First run DX Gator. Worth nothing.

Proto SE Super Roc; worth $35-$40ish (only 172g.)

Kinda hard to tell the difference from a picture.

I am trying to figure out what these two discs are. One is an Innova X-out that I am pretty sure is a driver. It also has a sort of groove on the inside of the rim. The other is one of the Ching discs made by Innova, but I have no idea what it is. At first I thought it was a driver, but the rim seems a little too narrow for that to be the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures for the second disc in another reply.

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 29
I am trying to figure out what these two discs are. One is an Innova X-out that I am pretty sure is a driver. It also has a sort of groove on the inside of the rim. The other is one of the Ching discs made by Innova, but I have no idea what it is. At first I thought it was a driver, but the rim seems a little too narrow for that to be the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures for the second disc in another reply.

Here are the pics of the second disc.

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0563.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 25
first looks like an xout monarch

second looks like a ching teebird or maybe a gazelle or cheetah

Last edited:
After looking at the profile of the cheetah, gazelle, and the whippet, I am beginning to think that it may be a whippet. The top of the disc is raised similarly to the whippet.

After looking at the profile of the cheetah, gazelle, and the whippet, I am beginning to think that it may be a whippet. The top of the disc is raised similarly to the whippet.

I have found out that the X out that I posted about before is not a Monarch. The Monarch is extremely similar in shape to the Groove and has an almost identical groove on the underside of the rim. My x out has no groove on the underside of the rim, instead it is on the inside of the rim where the flight plate it.

I have found out that the X out that I posted about before is not a Monarch. The Monarch is extremely similar in shape to the Groove and has an almost identical groove on the underside of the rim. My x out has no groove on the underside of the rim, instead it is on the inside of the rim where the flight plate it.

Disc honestly looks like it was altered somehow. No disc I know of with a groove like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.