• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, there are still some acronyms that I am unfamiliar with. OOP is one of them, if it is indeed an acronym that is.

So I've had this disc since I started playing in '08, but I've never been able to figure out what it is!! I got it at a Play it Again Sports, and it wasn't marked then. Innova Factory Second.

Def a Fairway Driver; guessing a TL or Teebird, but could be a Leopard...Thanks for the help!

Top Profile:
mYV2KhN.jpg

Side Profile(Note, the glare gives the dome just slightly more than it actually is. It's not flat, but it's nowhere near as domey as my TL)
MpLd5Tw.jpg

Teebird on left, Eagle-X on right... I never noticed how much the molds resembled each other. I know this probably has come up before, but has anyone figured out a way to differentiate the two in case you ever stumble upon a disc with no stamp and no sign of the original factory ink underneath?

xO2MCeN.png

So I've had this disc since I started playing in '08, but I've never been able to figure out what it is!! I got it at a Play it Again Sports, and it wasn't marked then. Innova Factory Second.

Def a Fairway Driver; guessing a TL or Teebird, but could be a Leopard...Thanks for the help!

Top Profile:
mYV2KhN.jpg

Side Profile(Note, the glare gives the dome just slightly more than it actually is. It's not flat, but it's nowhere near as domey as my TL)
MpLd5Tw.jpg

Side profile looks like a banshee, is it overstable?

Teebird on left, Eagle-X on right... I never noticed how much the molds resembled each other. I know this probably has come up before, but has anyone figured out a way to differentiate the two in case you ever stumble upon a disc with no stamp and no sign of the original factory ink underneath?

xO2MCeN.png

Eagle X and Teebird both use the same bottom, so it can be hard to tell them apart side by side. The Eagle top has a slight bump/raise (think anhyzer/Vulcan top). The Teebird top is smooth and consistent dome to the top, no slight bump.

xO2MCeN.png
Disc golf history lesson: Prior to the TeeBird there were no underside mold markings on any Innova disc. When the TeeBird came out, they started marking the Eagle "E" and the TeeBird "T" because even the warehouse guys at Innova East couldn't tell them apart. After that at some point they started marking all the molds, but it started becasue the Eagle and TeeBird are so damned similar.

Eagle X and Teebird both use the same bottom, so it can be hard to tell them apart side by side. The Eagle top has a slight bump/raise (think anhyzer/Vulcan top). The Teebird top is smooth and consistent dome to the top, no slight bump.

I can kind of see it now comparing the two. I don't see the slight bump in my Eagles (probably because they all have some dome to them) but I do see that the top of the wing of the Eagles is flatter and has less curvature to it near the edge than the Teebirds. The difference is so subtle I don't know if I'd be able to tell unless I was holding two side by side.

Ok so I have this CFR Starfire from 2005 I'm trying to figure out the plastic. Its kind of like star but its chalky and tacky and I've never seen a star like that and its not marked star what do you guys think? It gets very finger printy any time I touch it...uploadfromtaptalk1391423536090.jpguploadfromtaptalk1391423546088.jpg

I do see that the top of the wing of the Eagles is flatter and has less curvature to it near the edge than the Teebirds. The difference is so subtle I don't know if I'd be able to tell unless I was holding two side by side.

Exactly what you have to look for. The top of the wing starts out slightly flat, them domes from there. It can be very difficult some times to tell them apart. I have had a few stock stamp 11x Eagle X that I swear were teebirds.

Ok so I have this CFR Starfire from 2005 I'm trying to figure out the plastic. Its kind of like star but its chalky and tacky and I've never seen a star like that and its not marked star what do you guys think? It gets very finger printy any time I touch it...View attachment 44830View attachment 44831

Star was just starting to appear in 2005 and back then still called Special Blend.

I know that there are a lot of Pro blends out there that feel like Star, so it could be Pro.

Disc golf history lesson: Prior to the TeeBird there were no underside mold markings on any Innova disc. When the TeeBird came out, they started marking the Eagle "E" and the TeeBird "T" because even the warehouse guys at Innova East couldn't tell them apart. After that at some point they started marking all the molds, but it started becasue the Eagle and TeeBird are so damned similar.

you are incorrect for once Scott. remember when they had the stamps they would use to put the mold on? that was well before the eagle/teebird.

Been doing some research into this and haven't found a definitive answer. Does anyone know the time frames for san marino, ontario, and www tooled stingrays. I have a ontario champion stingray but i did not know if had any effect on the rarity/value of it. All the other champ stingrays i have are San Marino so i did not know if it was a early or late run.

Ok so I have this CFR Starfire from 2005 I'm trying to figure out the plastic. Its kind of like star but its chalky and tacky and I've never seen a star like that and its not marked star what do you guys think? It gets very finger printy any time I touch it...View attachment 44830View attachment 44831

Def a pro starfire those used to b a disc of choice for me they fly far!

What is this?

Very grippy chalky plastic.

Nothing penned besides weight.

Only tooling is discraft walled lake
And
Licensed us patent 4568297

It's fairway driverish just wasn't sure if someone knows what it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.