• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
so your the cool guy on here i guess? nice to meet you
can't a fellow disc guy ask a question? Im sorry all master pro. Im only 6 months in but i would throw down with you if you want to put your money where your mouth is boy.

Orrrr, you could learn to read, and see that there is already a huge "what's the story on this disc" thread, instead of thinking you deserve the honor of your very own special thread.

Ching Bomb? Is this what you got?

003-4-2.jpg

It might be the same mold as the EXP1, or the Banshee L mold. At any rate, its a modified (i.e. less stable) Banshee.

Actually, you mentioned numbers on the top. That was the later Y2K stamp. Same disc, different stamp.

Hey Timothy, not everybody is this rude. Dont' let them scare ya.

The brand is Ching. The model is bomb. Is there something else as far as an "ID" that you're searching for?

EDIT: 3Putt beat me.

Given the angst we seem to be feeling tonight, I went ahead and made this thread a sticky and changed the title to be a little bit more descriptive.

thanks guys. im sure its cause im a NOOB here. it is not that disc that was shown. it looks older. all black logo. it drives like a dream tho.

Also found another disc today as well... in the water. 3ft from the waters edge. Odd because it is a yellow champion groove i think. It has the promo star from innova on it, and see through. and it has the "groove" groove on the rim. all it says is innova tho. Any ideas on this? the groove is the only one that has that groove on the rim correct?

it is not that disc that was shown. it looks older. all black logo. it drives like a dream tho.
Like I said before, you said it had numbers at the top. That was the Y2K stamp. The disc I posted before had the original '98 stamp. In '99 they switched to this:

ching_bomb.jpg

It was the same disc though. It's based on the Banshee and flies a lot like an EXP1.

I liked the other name :(. Now it seems like a thread where you just post pics and info on a blank disc and figure out what it was. Before I felt like I could post a disc, knowing exactly what the actual disc was, and get some history on the particular stamp/tourney and so on.

thanks guys. im sure its cause im a NOOB here. it is not that disc that was shown. it looks older. all black logo. it drives like a dream tho.

Also found another disc today as well... in the water. 3ft from the waters edge. Odd because it is a yellow champion groove i think. It has the promo star from innova on it, and see through. and it has the "groove" groove on the rim. all it says is innova tho. Any ideas on this? the groove is the only one that has that groove on the rim correct?

Yup the Monarch has the same rim however I don't recall them running those with a ProtoStar stamp. So odds are you have a Groove. Apologies.

I liked the other name :(. Before I felt like I could post a disc, knowing exactly what the actual disc was, and get some history on the particular stamp/tourney and so on.

if you look at the original post i made thats what i was asking about ...more of the "story" behind the disc...i knew it was a roc ...but didnt know why it looked different then the others......thats where the name of the thread came from.....but i understand the change....now if i can just get the "disc profile page" stickied also so it is a easy reference....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts