• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a DX Leopard, somewhere in the time before the ones with pictures on them. Definitely that nice stiff DX Plastic, I'm sure.

I'm wondering if these old champ Panthers are CE plastic. I bought them as what I believe to be new old stock because of the Ontario Cal engraving. The reason I think they may be CE plastic is the plastic has the same exact feel and look of my 1st run CE Whippet circle stamp. I have the 2 yellow Panthers shown in the pics as well as a maroon one.

Any thoughts on these discs would be appreciated.
Thanks
IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

I'm wondering if these old champ Panthers are CE plastic. I bought them as what I believe to be new old stock because of the Ontario Cal engraving. The reason I think they may be CE plastic is the plastic has the same exact feel and look of my 1st run CE Whippet circle stamp. I have the 2 yellow Panthers shown in the pics as well as a maroon one.

Any thoughts on these discs would be appreciated.
Thanks
All Panthers say "Ontario."

You can tell it's an older run because of the "Multi Purpose" stamp. Those were flatter than the later "Mid Range" Panthers. Those were a bit more stable and people who know Panthers throw the "Multi Purpose" Panthers. Really nice discs. Not CE, though.

Ok I am a little confused with star destroyers what is the difference between
S/ds and *ds ? Which is more desirable?
Thanks

SDS and S/DS are a little older run (2-3 years or so) that are often domey and more stable than the newer runs.

The S/DS are definitely more sought after. I've seen some marbley ones go for $30 easy on the MP.

Not sure what this disc is or what it is worth...

I found this disc a few weeks ago with a number that is not working. It is pretty floppy plastic, but I wasn't sure if it is a pig or rhyno. the mark on the bottom appears to say "RQ" but today someone told me it may be a really early mold of the rhyno and might say "RO." If anyone has any idea what it is or what it may be worth please let me know! Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 48
^^looks like a pro line rhyno or just a pro rhyno.......price would vary on the weight and whether its pro line or just a pro

Ok I am a little confused with star destroyers what is the difference between
S/ds and *ds ? Which is more desirable?
Thanks

Look for Destroyers marked *D.
Before Innova ran the Dart, the Destroyer reigned supreme and solo in the letter D category, so the only needed the D, no S.
This lasted for two years.
Anything marked *D is the older run, from 2007-2009,which is still the most desirable, because they have better glide than any other Destroyer run since then.

Help Identifying a Disc

Hey guys,

I recently came across a factory second out but I have no clue what disc model it is. Any help would be appreciated.

See Pictures.

Attachments

• 2012-08-06_13-30-20_127.jpg
    2012-08-06_13-30-20_127.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 2012-08-06_13-30-41_835.jpg
    2012-08-06_13-30-41_835.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 31
No abbreviation identifiable on the back. Checked out the link and its a great help but can't seem to match it.

Not sure what I have here... It is a Champion Teebird thats all I know. It has lots and lots of wear, to the point where you cant read much of the stamp or writings on the back. I am wondering just how old it could be.

Near the bottom of the disc on the front I can make out "TEEBIRD" in all capitals, no other words are legible. Normally I would just think it is a 11x teebird as it looks very similar to one that I have, however i dont see enough room for the KC signature to fit underneath the word "TEEBIRD".

Any thoughts on this? is it a normal 11x Teebird with an odd stamp or something more?

007-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts