• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the story behind this disc? From the patent number I know its an eagle but I cant find anything on the stamp. The plastic is weird if feels something between pro and star and I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but the flight plate seems to be shedding. Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20120806_213304.jpg
    IMG_20120806_213304.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12
Does anyone know the story behind this disc? From the patent number I know its an eagle but I cant find anything on the stamp. The plastic is weird if feels something between pro and star and I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but the flight plate seems to be shedding. Anyone got any ideas?

you realize that all discs have the same patent number, right?

This is a KC Pro Gazelle, but I'm not sure if it is 10x or 9x. Is there a way to tell them apart?

It says "very long stable driver" on it and has a very grippy, smooth feel to it.

Ks2U9l.jpg

iqaf7l.jpg

8vvmol.jpg

Nor Cal Series 1997 Stamp?

My buddy bought a beat Innova disc a few weeks ago from the guys here at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.

The disc is yellow and has a "Nor Cal Series" / "Vintage Classic" / "Napa" / "1997" stamp on it.

The graphics are of a wine bottle with arms, throwing a disc into a basket.

I'll post a photo once I get ahold of the disc.

Anyone know what disc this might be? It looks to me like perhaps a Gazelle, but I'm not sure at all.

My buddy bought a beat Innova disc a few weeks ago from the guys here at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.

The disc is yellow and has a "Nor Cal Series" / "Vintage Classic" / "Napa" / "1997" stamp on it.

Anyone know what disc this might be? It looks to me like perhaps a Gazelle, but I'm not sure at all.

No way to tell without a pic.

This is a KC Pro Gazelle, but I'm not sure if it is 10x or 9x. Is there a way to tell them apart?

It says "very long stable driver" on it and has a very grippy, smooth feel to it.

Ks2U9l.jpg

iqaf7l.jpg

8vvmol.jpg

IIRC, the 10x gazelles are gonna be bar stamped (100% on this one) and the 9x are going to be the circles stamp (99% sure)... hope this helps.

IIRC, the 10x gazelles are gonna be bar stamped (100% on this one) and the 9x are going to be the circles stamp (99% sure)... hope this helps.

Thanks man! I'm pretty sure it is a 10x but it's hard to tell because the disc is stamped like 4 times and I can barely read some of the stuff on it because it's faded.

There was a two-year gap between Climo's 9th in 1998 and his 10th in 2000. The stamp was changed toward the end of that two-year period. So the early 9x's have the circle stamp and some late 9X's have the bar stamp.

There was a two-year gap between Climo's 9th in 1998 and his 10th in 2000. The stamp was changed toward the end of that two-year period. So the early 9x's have the circle stamp and some late 9X's have the bar stamp.

see, I didnt remember correctly. I thought I had seen eagles with both stamps but not gazelles.. oh well, onto the next.

Here are photos (attached)!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 25
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 13
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 16
I need a Rhyno Expert Zippertop

I have a 170g Champ Rhyno that seems to have the zippertop effect that I've heard about. So, can someone tell me how I can tell if mine is Zippertop. I would take a pic of the top, but all I have is a 3.2 megapixel phone camera or my built in webcam. But heres some pics of it anyway. Also, whats it worth if it is zippertop. It's 8/10 condition disregarding ink.

120727-221741.jpg

120707-224056.jpg

120707-224117.jpg

I have a 170g Champ Rhyno that seems to have the zippertop effect that I've heard about. So, can someone tell me how I can tell if mine is Zippertop.

How you can tell if it's a zipper top.

Step 1: Take the back of your fingernail to the top of the flight plate, center of the disc.
Step 2: With slight pressure, drag finger towards rim of disc.

Did you hear or feel anything, kind of like ridges?
If yes, Congrats! You have a zipper top.

Value could be asked in this thread.
What is this disc worth? (Part III)

it has ridges, but only about an inch or so of ridges near the rim. And the other rhynos i have are semi-similar, so i figured id try to find out. I may try to get a pic to post.

no, just the only spot with the grooves is from the thumtrack about an inch or 2 in and thats is. it stops at the stamp. I have another rhyno thats pearly and has some zipper action too, so idk how to tell if one is legit.

its mainly for the early ones...if it does not go from the very center all the way to the rim its not a true zipper top..ask booter about this...:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts