• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found a disk today (with no ones name on it) and I can't figure out what disk it is.

The top has a tourney stamp on it.

Feels like star plastic.

Has a "WX" on the bottom of it, with a star in front of it. The "WX" is right in the middle, underneath the weight (just like Innova does it).

Anyone know what disk "WX" is? The only Innova disks that I can find that start with a "W" is the Wedge, the Whippet, and the Wraith.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
So I found a disk today (with no ones name on it) and I can't figure out what disk it is.

The top has a tourney stamp on it.

Feels like star plastic.

Has a "WX" on the bottom of it, with a star in front of it. The "WX" is right in the middle, underneath the weight (just like Innova does it).

Anyone know what disk "WX" is? The only Innova disks that I can find that start with a "W" is the Wedge, the Whippet, and the Wraith.

Any ideas?

Someone might correct me, but from the description I would place my bet on it being a Whippet X in Star plastic. The best identifier would be to hold a Wraith beside it and check the wing angle.

It's definitely not a Wraith. I have a wraith, and the profile on the disc I found is alot different.

Someone might correct me, but from the description I would place my bet on it being a Whippet X in Star plastic. The best identifier would be to hold a Wraith beside it and check the wing angle.

Oh...you are right. It is a whippet. I just found a good side profile picture, and its a dead nuts match.

Weird that they would use "WX" to symbolize a "Whippet", instead of "WT".

when did they switch to the new mold on the beast? i just found a 2x barry champ beast in the old mold configuration at pias today, kinda blew my mind a little bit.

Anybody know how many of these were produced? Are the RDGC discs collectible?

IMG_3298.jpg

when did they switch to the new mold on the beast? i just found a 2x barry champ beast in the old mold configuration at pias today, kinda blew my mind a little bit.

The mold was switched sometime in '05. They did make some old mold Beasts with the 2x stamp but they're not that common.

My buddy bought a beat Innova disc a few weeks ago from the guys here at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.

The disc is yellow and has a "Nor Cal Series" / "Vintage Classic" / "Napa" / "1997" stamp on it.

The graphics are of a wine bottle with arms, throwing a disc into a basket.

I'll post a photo once I get ahold of the disc.

Anyone know what disc this might be? It looks to me like perhaps a Gazelle, but I'm not sure at all.

Anyone know what this is?

2zyljc7.jpg

65600l.jpg

2rp7g20.jpg

I found an 11x champ Tee-Bird with no name/phone number so I can't return it to it's owner so I've adopted it. I know the 11x FireBirds are money, but these people where I was playing mentioned that they would trade or buy it off of me but I really liked how it threw so I'm keeping it. Just wondering are the 11x Tee-Birds a money disc or where they just going over the hype of the 11x Firebirds and were mistaken?

thanks.

I found an 11x champ Tee-Bird with no name/phone number so I can't return it to it's owner so I've adopted it. I know the 11x FireBirds are money, but these people where I was playing mentioned that they would trade or buy it off of me but I really liked how it threw so I'm keeping it. Just wondering are the 11x Tee-Birds a money disc or where they just going over the hype of the 11x Firebirds and were mistaken?

thanks.

11x Champ Tbirds are $$.

zone driven is the company that does all of the usdgc rocs. I'm going to guess that it has to do with a usdgc tourney OR it's from a hawaiian tourney based on the hibiscus and the huge wave...

Please ID this Discraft Eclipse--bet you've never seen one like it

I used to play a lot of disc golf (and other tournaments) years ago and kept every disc I ever owned.

I've been able to find info on most of my discs (Phantoms, Phantom+, Champion, Aviar) but I cannot find any info about this particular Eclipse. Not on ebay, not on any website (maybe it's here but I couldn't find it). It's new, never thrown (so I don't even know how it flies). Can you ID this and give me an idea if it's rare/prototype/first run/whatever? I'm guessing I bought it in the early to mid-80s. Thanks.

Attachments

• P1030237.jpg
    P1030237.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 29
I used to play a lot of disc golf (and other tournaments) years ago and kept every disc I ever owned.

I've been able to find info on most of my discs (Phantoms, Phantom+, Champion, Aviar) but I cannot find any info about this particular Eclipse. Not on ebay, not on any website (maybe it's here but I couldn't find it). It's new, never thrown (so I don't even know how it flies). Can you ID this and give me an idea if it's rare/prototype/first run/whatever? I'm guessing I bought it in the early to mid-80s. Thanks.

Not sure what you want to know, but I believe you're right about it being from the mid-eighties. I still have a couple Eclipses from back then but none of them have that stamp. I did have a Cruiser that had that same style of stamp. My guess is that it is pretty rare but I couldn't guesstimate a price, try the other thread for that.

It was fast for its day, but like most discs from back then is considered flippy as heck by today's standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts