• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 stroke?

2_stroke_zps4922ae8c.jpg

This is my first disc, I got it from PIAS in Durham, NC, around 2008. I think it is a DX Leopard, but may be a Valk. I have never seen this stamp again, I would be incredibly grateful to anyone who can tell me the origin of this stamp, as I have wondered for years.

2_stroke_zps4922ae8c.jpg

This is my first disc, I got it from PIAS in Durham, NC, around 2008. I think it is a DX Leopard, but may be a Valk. I have never seen this stamp again, I would be incredibly grateful to anyone who can tell me the origin of this stamp, as I have wondered for years.

I have a handful of glow champ eagles from 2004ish with that stamp. I got them from Biscoe a few years ago so I'm gonna guess it is a virginia thing.

180 on each.

So they're are two runs of Omega sharks? The old circle stamp which is grittier, and then these ones?

No theres "gummy"sharks, those are the old soft dx sharks (run I think in the 90's) and "Omega or rubber" sharks that are almost full rubber blend (run I think around 2004 (don't quote me on that though)). So yes 2 kinds of sharks but both arn't "Omega".
Also the "Omega" label isn't the official name it's just what some of us refer to them as cause of the plastic blend.

Can anyone give me a brief summary of how the Millenium Run Numbers work?

Where did they start? 1.1? What are the earliest runs?
What are the most sought after runs?

Can anyone give me a brief summary of how the Millenium Run Numbers work?

Where did they start? 1.1? What are the earliest runs?
What are the most sought after runs?
The run number stands for "Mold.Run." So a disc like the JLS that has only had one mold will always start with a "1." followed by another number that should represent the run. A disc like the Aurora MF that used more than one mold had a 1.1 run and a 2.1 run.

Of course it's all fubar since the yellow 1.8 JLS were really Polaris LS. There was a mold change/screw-up there not accounted for in the run numbers. They also start over when they introduce a plastic, so you get funny things like a 1.1 run of Sirrus Sentinel that came out 10 years after the Sentinel was introduced.

The QJLS 1.1 and CE-JLS Test Run of 2000, QMS 1.1, Q-Mega 1.1 Proto w/bar-stamp, Polaris LS 1.12 and EXP 1.7 were all CE-type plastic, so those are the most sought after runs. The Sanny Q Sentinel is also sought after; don't remember if those had a run number but I don't think so.

I have a handful of glow champ eagles from 2004ish with that stamp. I got them from Biscoe a few years ago so I'm gonna guess it is a virginia thing.
I got some 2 stroke discs from Biscoe as well. It's gotta be some Virginia thing.

Curious to know if innova ever made a gummy champ teebird. If so can i have some info on it so i can try and find one?

not sure exactly lol, i know they made XG boss' so i was wondering on a TB or maybe just a run of more gummy then normal TBs.

Yeah that's what ive heard, I just got an XG rhyno and If they did make XG or Gummy TBs i would be interested in finding one or two.

Can anyone chime in if they made XG or Gummy Tbs??

I mean I've seen some Gummy Champ TBs in the past, but I don't know if they just 'happened' or if they actually made XG ones on purpose.

It may have been 150g too, I don't recall.

One of the 11xs that I have (175 distance driver) is really gummy, but the rest of my 11xs are not. FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.