• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing else but patent number. Only thing in front is ice bowl 2002 stamp. Throws like a beat in firebird

Bit of a noob question. I have a first run disc (at least I believe that is what the star stamp means).

It looks basically like this XCaliber on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xcaliber-1st-Run-175g-Rare-Proto-Stamp-Echo-Star-NEW-Innova-PRIME-Disc-Golf-/171067922814#ht_1638wt_945.

The stamp is pretty faded and the only way I know how to tell what model it is is by looking at the abbreviated name on the underside of the disc but that is faded too and I can't read it. From the rim I believe it is a long distance driver and may actually be an XCaliber but is there any other way to figure out what it is? I will try to remember to post a pic of it later.

Please help ID this disc. Has no mold markings underneath. Not even patent/company information. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_20130711_173926_783.jpg
    IMG_20130711_173926_783.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20130711_173938_340.jpg
    IMG_20130711_173938_340.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20130711_174004_449.jpg
    IMG_20130711_174004_449.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 34
Please help ID this disc. Has no mold markings underneath. Not even patent/company information. Thanks for the help!
It's a Discraft Phantom of some sort, probably a Phantom+. The plastic on those was awesome. I knew a guy that played every day in the summer that one-disced with a Phantom+ for a dozen years.

Last edited:
It's a Discraft Phantom of some sort, probably a Phantom+. The plastic on those was awesome. I knew a guy that played every day in the summer that one-disced with a Phantom+ for a dozen years.

I had a phantom I bought from the used rack at spinners years ago. It felt like vinyl. Almost like a record. Felt awesome. Couldn't wait to throw it. Dan Ginnelly said it would fly awesome too.

My first throw with it hit a small rock in a field. And exploded into pieces.

It flew great though.

Someone was asking me about this-

nrrR3QD.jpg

I'm baffled. It's a 6-speed driver, not the Classic Ace putter like on the pro-shop (http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/dx-clace.html)

wtf?

Its an old driver that was out for a while that is very beginner friendly. It's really flippy and has pretty good glide.

I'm baffled. It's a 6-speed driver, not the Classic Ace putter like on the pro-shop
It's the JLS mold in DX plastic that was sold through Wal-Mart. I think they were all 160g. They were flippy little bastards. They went away when the Wal-Mart contract expired.

It has the innova rancho mark and you and see a very light "vk" handwritten in the center.
If memory serves me correctly (which it might not) the Valkyrie used to be marked VK before the Viking came along. Now the Valk is marked VL. So it's either a Viking or Valk. I can't make a concrete guess however because I'm not sure when that stamp was created. Three Putt would know.

Thanks Dan. I'm sure you are right. I check out his current clothing line and the logo looks pretty similar. Also I'm in MN so the disc didn't travel that far. Man this is a great website. Glad I found it.

Does any one know what disc this is?

I found a disc at play it again sports that was labeled as "experimental high speed driver". Disc has no markings at all except an imperial star destroyer on the front. Shape looks very similar to a boss.

How do you tell the difference between the new and old runs of Pro Pigs? Are all of the White Pigs from the old run?

Rhino ID

Hello
I got this rhino in a players pack around 2004 in OR or WA.
Custom stamp. It seems to be a hard KC pro type plastic but not sure anyone recognize it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts