• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this question but I recently found this disc while diving in a lake nearby and after a very thorough cleaning I was curious about what I found. (Before anyone asks, there was no name or number on the disc or I would have attempted to return it.) While the disc is not in the best condition as it has been thrown and, presumably, sat at the bottom of a lake for a long time, it seems like it may be an old disc as I do not see a Shark made in champion any longer.

1qsH3dhl.jpg

So, what is the story behind this disc? I have never seen a Shark labeled as an all purpose driver (only as mid-range) or the circular logo. Thanks for any information!

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this question but I recently found this disc while diving in a lake nearby and after a very thorough cleaning I was curious about what I found. (Before anyone asks, there was no name or number on the disc or I would have attempted to return it.) While the disc is not in the best condition as it has been thrown and, presumably, sat at the bottom of a lake for a long time, it seems like it may be an old disc as I do not see a Shark made in champion any longer.

1qsH3dhl.jpg

So, what is the story behind this disc? I have never seen a Shark labeled as an all purpose driver (only as mid-range) or the circular logo. Thanks for any information!

these are just pre-2000 dx sharks, they made them like this from 1989-1999/2000ish.

Hello
I got this rhino in a players pack around 2004 in OR or WA.
Custom stamp. It seems to be a hard KC pro type plastic but not sure anyone recognize it?

it's likely pro or dx.
se was 1998-2002... rhynos were 1999-2002 IIRC

I got this Leo on the local board.

http://imgur.com/ycesvNU

What can you guys tell me about mini roc stamped Leos?
All the other plastic the guy was selling was all 10+ years old. It could potentially be from the preBarry era.\

Anyone have any other info for me?

I got this Leo on the local board.

http://imgur.com/ycesvNU

What can you guys tell me about mini roc stamped Leos?
All the other plastic the guy was selling was all 10+ years old. It could potentially be from the preBarry era.\

Anyone have any other info for me?

They did the little wing stamp in 2007... it's possible this was an x-out that they used that stamp on. More likely though it was done for an Innova team player... but who knows when.

Hello
I got this rhino in a players pack around 2004 in OR or WA.
Custom stamp. It seems to be a hard KC pro type plastic but not sure anyone recognize it?

It's got to be DX. SE was long gone and any pro/proline plastic at that time would be quite soft.

What disc is this???

whats up, i found a disc today out playing but im not to sure what kind it is. all i know is that it is a champion innova disc. it has a large picture of a star wars clone trooper helmet on it. there was writing on it but it is extremely faded. it looks like it said, factory second, and it also looks like it had a big X going through it. anybody ever see a disc like this or know what kind model it might be.

Thanks!!!!!!!:thmbup:

That sounds like an X Out somebody dyed. It's a disc that had some sort of flaw, so they put the X stamp on it and sell it for cheaper. We'd need pictures to be able to tell what the disc is. Are there any letters in the middle on the back where the weight is?

And for future reference, there is a thread for these kinds of questions.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22054

It's impossible to tell from your description...it could be anything innova. Is there any writing on the back? Or could you post a picture of the wing profile and the back of the disc. That would help.

You're new here I see, but next time there is a thread specifically dedicated to IDing discs. I'd post it in there next time

Innova, X-out, Champion, and custom dye.. Is the rim sharp? At least narrow it down to Putter, Mid-Range, or Driver.

its a driver. im trying to get a picture up right now. yeah you guys are right, its a X-out, i can kinda read a out under the X. there are no numbers on the back, the back looks like every other innova disc but this one has a patent number.

My son bought this at a yard sale a few weeks ago. It's a dx T-bird. Anybody know how old this might be?
IMG_20130519_185243_774_zps97fe445b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

unknown discraft disc with odd rim?

Can someone id this for me? Is it a prototype or something? Found this recently on a course.

unknown2_zps542d24e2.jpg

unknown_zps09f6529d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts