• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ID this disc?

Found it in a pond. Looks like Innova from the number on the bottom. I don't have a lot of experience with different plastics but it's not DX, Champ, or Star. /r/discgolf suggested Teebird or Eagle. What do you say, gurus?

Have a couple of unique discs that we'd like to know the story on. Much appreciated.

First one up...

Attachments

• IMG_20130805_094610_329.jpg
    IMG_20130805_094610_329.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20130808_112537_981.jpg
    IMG_20130808_112537_981.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20130808_112600_377.jpg
    IMG_20130808_112600_377.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 42
Have a couple of unique discs that we'd like to know the story on. Much appreciated.

First one up...

2nd and 3rd pic looks like a Super Puppy. Is the first pic (83 worlds) the same disc?

all three pictures are the same disc.

The first pic looks like a different color. I have Eagles and Aeros with that stamp but yours is a puppy. The two puppies I have don't have the raised lettering so not 100% sure now..."Kitty Hawk" maybe?

What features about it determine it is a Kitty Hawk? Same as a "shuttle puppy" or not?

Sounds like, from your reaction, it is something rare.

It's old (but the stamp told you that.) The Kitty Hawk series was the transitional time for DGA between the Wham-O produced Midnight Flyers and the beveled edged "modern" golf discs. So they fall into the same category as the Super Puppy: A lid-type small diameter golf disc. Kitty Hawks are more confusing since they have "hookers" and "faders" and there was a larger diameter version, so I don't know exactly what you have. I'm not a Kitty Hawk expert by any means.

In all my time in disc golf, I've never actually seen a Kitty Hawk in person. They were long gone by the time I started playing in 1988. DGA was selling Streamliners and Superdrives by then. Super Puppies were still all over the place even into the 90's, but the Kitty Hawk discs disappeared pretty quickly.

The stamp was what was commonly referred to as "Shuttle Puppies" because most of the discs we saw stamped that way were Super Puppies, but there were other discs with that stamp. So it is a fairly rare disc with a popular stamp and a fairly rare disc to have that stamp. I have no idea what they go for as it's more a piece of history than anything else, but I'm jealous.

Thanks for the information!

I have one more for you guys...

Attachments

• IMG_20130805_094705_995.jpg
    IMG_20130805_094705_995.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20130805_094719_384.jpg
    IMG_20130805_094719_384.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the information!

I have one more for you guys...
That is a Wham-O somethingorrather, but it has a stamp from the first PDGA World Championship and looks to be in really good shape. I'm not sure if it is really all that rare; it seems to me you could still get these through the DTW catalog into the late 90's. It might be worth some decent money, but again it a piece of history sort of thing. It's not going to bring in huge money as nobody throws these things. Collectors would want them, though.

*facetious show off post*

prodigyteam.jpg

What's the story with this disc? I found one going for $90 new on eBay so I thought I'd put it up at $70 or Best Offer to see what happened. Are the 10x discs really that rare/desired? I get that some have different molds slightly from 9x to 10x, etc, but is it just a collector thing or is the guy listing it for $90 way out of the park on that one? It says "174g" and "3" on the bottom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Innova-KC-P...aultDomain_0&hash=item1e7e368569#ht_83wt_1170

Last edited:
Uhhh no that's kind of odd on a Banshee. The only Banshee I've seen go for that much was Gold which is a whole other ball game.

As for 10x discs being that rare- yes, lots of 10x Discs would easily go for that much. 10x Rocs and Aviars are specifically sought after.

Uhhh no that's kind of odd on a Banshee. The only Banshee I've seen go for that much was Gold which is a whole other ball game.

As for 10x discs being that rare- yes, lots of 10x Discs would easily go for that much. 10x Rocs and Aviars are specifically sought after.

Interesting. Any idea what it'd really be worth? I don't want to rip anyone off - I just don't have any use for it. I put something in the "What's this disc worth" thread but didn't get any feedback since I didn't have a pic haha. Let me know and I'll adjust the auction accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.