• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help from a Wizard expert. Any idea what type of plastic blend this is? I can't make out the letters:

20130813_234330.jpg

Does anyone know when they made champ Valks without flight numbers and without Juliana's signature?

Juliana got her fifth Championship win in 2003, so stamped JK 5X's should have come out in 2004.

Champ Valks were first released in 2003, so I'm guessing yours, and the one I have as well, were made that year.

I think that Valk is from after the 5x and before the flight #'s.

That would make a bit more sense since they had 4x JK Valks and 5x JK Valks. Must've been a short-lived run, because I can't say I've ever seen one without someone's signature or flight numbers on it.

Although this one does have a bit of a zipper top to it... Will have to keep an eye out for these and see if I can get more info.

I'm going to disagree with you on the timing. Juliana took her name off of the valk relatively early and even though there are plenty of 5x valks around, flight numbers didn't start until like 2008. I would guess this comes from between 5x and current/flight numbered runs.

4 X were Proline.
The font for the non JK disc is different too.
The one I have is that cloudy old Champ plastic, not the opaque stuff, but the blotchy plastic that would be an x out today. I also have an old Barry Beast in the same ugly plastic. I disagree that its as new as you say.

What is the story on a champ gremlin? The prolines, dx, cfr, beadless star and discmania GM's are well documented but I can't seem to find another one of these anywhere. Super flat top and holds a line to the ground.

Attachments

• 20130819_192628_resized.jpg
    20130819_192628_resized.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 35
anyone have any info on this disc? pretty sure its se but has no markings for what disc it is. my guess would be a viper. 9/10 max weight. anyone know anything?

There were KC Pro Vipers; I think they were stamped 8X (?) There are some Vipers out there that to me seemed like the KC Pro Vipers but didn't have the KC Pro Stamp; those were either from a separate SE Viper run or they were the same as the 8X KC Pro without the stamp, and nobody could ever tell me which was the case. They were all out at about the same time.

I found a white disc with the blue 2007 cursive USDGC stamp on it (US flag waving above the words). The inner circle on the back says P-DS (Pro Destroyer). Were these 2007 Destroyers the regular pro plastic, or a special blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts