• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idye poly question.

MaynardJ4193

If I want to make the entire packet of dye, and store it for later, how much water should I use. (Search isn't working for me)

i have been using a standard size mason jar. i believe they are 1 quart (32oz). the dye seems to be concentrated well enough and there is enough liquid dye that way to last for quite a long time.

Once you've got that mix, what's the best way to use it for the spin painting technique? I'm thinking of mixing it with shaving cream and painting that on

have fun..

i may suggest a practice disc. also you can practice your technique laying down the dye into the bed. if you dont like what you did just scoop out the dye add more and start over. better than ruining the disc with a bad dye.

I should have done a practice disc, I have enough lying around. lol. Ah well, it's already setting for the night.

I should have done a practice disc, I have enough lying around. lol. Ah well, it's already setting for the night.

practice on discs in your bag, they are the ones which are gonna be beat up and lost. That's what I did lol

practice on discs in your bag, they are the ones which are gonna be beat up and lost. That's what I did lol

To date I've only lost three discs. I've gotten two of them back, and I'm still counting on getting the third back because it was at a private course. ;) Just gotta wait until they dredge up the ponds. lol.

Finished my first die, doesn't look to terrible I suppose. Posting in the Marbling Die thread.

Has anyone seen the new idye poly colors for sale? I remember reading they were coming out in April. I looked at there website and seen prices on bulk orders.