• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idye

cassidymayne

So Ive been using Idye for a little while now. Has anyone else noticed the dye not staying true to its color? For example my Blue dye has become a dark purple color.

I have not experienced this, and I have dye + water mixes that are 18 months old.

If the dye were to change I would expect it to get lighter and stop taking as well, rather than darker (like blue > purple).

Perhaps you just took it too far with the blue? I'm sure you can get to a dark purple color with idye blue if you leave the disc in long enough, or have your dye hot enough. I once did a dip dye in idye green that was basically black.

idye

my idye blue has been mixed with water for over a year and is fine. I mixed some with acetone about a month ago and it is purple now

May also be the disc you dyed it on? Sometimes plastics take dye differently for one reason or another. I would agree with the above that it's likely not the dye changing, but some other variable.

Forgot to mention I am mixing the dye with acetone. From what ocean said I guess I'm not alone.