• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

if you could only use one disc?

rcracer757

Birdie Member
If you were to enter a tournament and the rules were that you could only use one disc what would it be and why. Of course this could depend on the course its self. Lets just say it has a mixed amount of shots. Ranging from 150 feet to 500 feet. Trees, water, and hills.

With that said I would use my Star Boss.

Nebula. Can putt with it and gets me nearly as much D as drivers.

Many tournaments are "One disc ace race" deals. Short pins and obviously one disc.

I'd probably use a 165g Element.

It would have to be a midrange---something with acceptable distance, yet useable as a putter. Any extra distance gained by using a driver would be more than offset by missed putts.

Since I don't throw both forehand and backhand, any driver would leave me in trouble on holes that are shaped away from that driver's natural tendencies. Much easier to force a midrange to behave.

This question has been asked before and in a variety of ways. "what one disc", "What 3 discs", however try to do a search for "one disc" and you have 1000 threads to search through, so I won't be yelling use the search feature.

But you know I will be digging through 11,000 threads to find it to post the link :) slow day today

I had to think about this for a while. I was going to say a Roc, but I think that I'd have to say my Star Kite.

This question has been asked before and in a variety of ways. "what one disc", "What 3 discs", however try to do a search for "one disc" and you have 1000 threads to search through, so I won't be yelling use the search feature.

But you know I will be digging through 11,000 threads to find it to post the link :) slow day today

But everyone's answer changes each time! :p

My flavor of the month is (eeny meeny minee mo): Flx Buzzz

Probably a dx roc, it'll do ok as a putter, and you can shape it to all kinds of lines for drives and approaches.

Latest posts