• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great news about Morton; half of that course is bad-ass, and the other half was booooring. That new setup will probably put it on McNasty's level of quality. :thmbup:

Ok, should we play Standing Rocks on our way to Sandy Point next week? Or should we hustle up and get up to Highbridge?? We'd only have Thrs to play as we'll be practicing Sandy Point on Friday...
Mashnut, Roman, anyone?

I'm thinking about driving down to Peoria and checking out the new Morton layout, assuming it stays dry. They're saying we might have a cold front moving in this weekend bringing some rain with it. If that's the case, I might go somewhere east to get out of the rain.

You guys should come down! Myself, KrisR, bpierce and dmburn I'm sure could meet you guys up there. We played the opening tournament on the new Morton layout, it is really nice! A couple of trees going to be removed because a they make a few shots a bit unpractical at the moment, but overall they did a great job. Not sure if it's quite McNasty level, but the new long tees are brutal! PM me if you guys decide to come down!

Last edited:
Ok, should we play Standing Rocks on our way to Sandy Point next week? Or should we hustle up and get up to Highbridge?? We'd only have Thrs to play as we'll be practicing Sandy Point on Friday...
Mashnut, Roman, anyone?

If you only have one day I think Standing Rocks wouldn't be a bad option. The course is not amazing, but it is fun. Better than anything we have here. I haven't played Highbridge yet but from all that I've heard it sounds like a much better grouping of courses. One day is not enough to enjoy Highbridge though, you'll need a few days at least.

Bring something for ticks, they can be bad up in northern Wisconsin. Make sure to check yourself between rounds.

Mashnut, Roman, anyone?

Standing rocks is a lot of fun! if you wanna double it up with another one on your way up, check out treehaven in Tomahawk, WI. I haven't played it but it looks interesting and it's on your way.

EDIT: Treehaven should be a good warm up for Sandy Point.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4028&mode=hi

Last edited:
Are leagues still going on at summit?

Ah. I can't make it on time, and I have the kid anyway... So if you guys could move locations today so I can play, that'd be nice of you.

Standing Rocks is quality and currently has two 18 hole loops in play. However, it is often very poorly marked; so, don't know what to tell you.

It's difficult to play all you would want to at High Bridge in one day. The course in Eau Pleine is a quality 18 hole course. Yulga, also in Steven's Point is a good flat course.

*Somehow, I did not see the posts already responding to Dana....*

I decided I'm not driving down that way for a while, I was getting down there after spending an hour and a half plus in the car and starting off in a bad mood so I'm going to stick to Adler leagues for now.

Standing Rocks is quality and currently has two 18 hole loops in play. However, it is often very poorly marked; so, don't know what to tell you.

It's difficult to play all you would want to at High Bridge in one day. The course in Eau Pleine is a quality 18 hole course. Yulga, also in Steven's Point is a good flat course.

*Somehow, I did not see the posts already responding to Dana....*

If the drive up to Highbridge was doable, and you could get a full day of pretty fast play in, it would be hard to beat Blueberry, Gold, Bear and Granite for a fantastic day of disc golfing.

so we poured the driving range teepad today at foundation park. We have 1-4 90% prepped and we will be pouring on monday :). Super excited about teepads at foundation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts