• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Bear is a very cool course, one of our favorites on this trip. There's obviously a ton of ongoing work there making the place better. The Tailings was pretty overgrown, with lots of long grass and weeds throughout the fairways and some really nasty rough. One of the baskets was surrounded by knee high dense foliage so it took us a bit to find discs within 10' which gets old pretty quick.

I am going to Chicago next weekend from Grand Rapids, what's the best place to get a round(maybe two places) between the two? Thanks guys!

I am going to Chicago next weekend from Grand Rapids, what's the best place to get a round(maybe two places) between the two? Thanks guys!

On the road stop offs, Rogers Lakewood Park in Valparaiso, IN is the best bet.
24 holes of solid golf. You've already played Red at Lemon Lake and a good stop as well, but a little trek off the highway. White plays faster (and easiest), then Blue, then Silver (or Gold). If you wander that far.
The course just over the border in Michigan (for me) in Kingman is just ok but easy on and off the highway.

I am not a fan of Hidden Lake in Merriville, IN. And having to pay to play (park entrance fees) is definitely not worth it. That a play off season if anyone wants to see.

Into Illinois, I wouldn't play much unless you go slightly out of your way and play the Oaks in Mokena, IL (no dogs, no smoking, no alcohol). Sergeant Means, IL in Olmypia Fields is a fun play but not overly challenging.

If you're play while in Chicago, driving out to Joliet is your best bet for decent courses (minus Shorewood). West, Communitry, Highland, and Trinity Links are all decent courses.

^lemon lake:thmbup:

played it, I will be with my g/f who doesn't really play, and will probably only want to walk with me. So I am hoping for two quick ones to break up the drive. As I am taking a few days off work to hang with her family it's only fair :clap:

On the road stop offs, Rogers Lakewood Park in Valparaiso, IN is the best bet.

I've heard this is a good one and this will probably be the one.

The course just over the border in Michigan (for me) in Kingman is just ok but easy on and off the highway.

What's the name?

I tried looking up kingman the city and kingman the name and didn't find anything.

played it, I will be with my g/f who doesn't really play, and will probably only want to walk with me. So I am hoping for two quick ones to break up the drive. As I am taking a few days off work to hang with her family it's only fair :clap:

In that case check out notromans suggestion or as stated above... Joliet area. Do highland and trinity and you'll be happy. Both super close to each other and offer a little bit of everything IMO

If you do end up going to trinity, bring bug spray. Sometimes, especially after it's rains... the bugs can get a little out of hand.

I tried looking up kingman the city and kingman the name and didn't find anything.

Sorry. Kingman in between Las Vegas and Phoenix...does no good this trip. I meant Bridgman, MI at Lake Township Park. It's just alright. The newer back nine is a lil better than the front 9.

Played Round Barn Farm yesterday. Turned out pretty nice.

Hole 1 doesn't have the island in yet and there are no tee signs. Double stack basket/hole plays awesome!
PS Aced hole 12 Long there!

Does anyone have an address or directions to round barn? I have been wanting to hit this one up but I have not been able to find much info on it. Thanks!

If you get off 80 on Briggs, head South for 5-7 min Round Barn Farm will be on your left(east side of road). Easy to miss, but keep an eye out. If you hit the liquor store on your right, you went too far.

Thinking about playing Round Barn in about an hour if anyone is interested

Hopefully no one, I'd love to see round barn not get high traffic and stay untrashed unlike most courses around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.