• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right - that's why I'm asking about those two courses in particular. They're fairly recent reports, so I assume they're still accurate. But, one was a little ambiguous ("appears to no longer be there") and I thought it would be interesting to hear more of their story, if someone in the know hangs around here.

i dont know about hammond but muenster was definitely gone when i posted that report, i doubt they will put the pins back in because the new construction they are doing there encroaches on quite a bit of the course..

West lake park is the craziest, like we said. Otherwise Camden II is the place to go. The only problem is navigation; it can be almost impossible without a map. There are pretty much no signs at all, it helps to keep the chuckers away. :)

Camden II is in a pretty decent layout now and worth playing. I was there last weekend. I don't think it's that hard to navigate. Except for hole 4. It's in the "C" position, you'll probably wanna walk up and take a look at it. Just pay attention to the "white tube" sticking out of the "A" (short) or "B" (mid) positions. There is usually a path nearby one of those locations that will lead you to the next tee but obviously a map of some sort is preferred..

West lake is just beastly. LOTS of opportunity to lose your plastic. It takes a long time to play this course. And a... shoot the longs.;)

you guys think i can get a round at camden II in in 2 hours? I am staying only a few miles from there and will probably have about 2-2 1/2 hours of daylight by the time i can get there..

You can definitely play a round in that time. It's a super sweet course, I would definitely take the time to play it.

Are there really no maps online? The course really does get confusing if you don't know where to go. There are several spots where you can take the wrong path and just start playing the wrong tee.

edit - there's a course map in the files section http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_files/3425/8f4d558b.pdf

You'll probably have to walk ahead to see some of the pin placements if they're in the long, but it shouldn't be bad. On hole 13 just throw all the way down the hill and be prepared to cut right at the end :) Don't worry about walking all the way down and then back up.

Hole 4 you will see the short pin off the tee. If there's just a white stake there, then it's in one of the longer pins. Your placement shot should land just across the creek but not all the way up by the short pin - that's too deep. You will go right from there. Again, only giving you this info to save you a hike up and down a hill.

Last edited:
i dont know about hammond but muenster was definitely gone when i posted that report, i doubt they will put the pins back in because the new construction they are doing there encroaches on quite a bit of the course..

Cool. Thank. What's the deal with pulled courses on DGCR? I thought they shifted to a tombstone category, or some such, and didn't show up in default searches?

Several courses are only "pulled" temporarily for various reasons. These courses do not get the tombstone designation. I'm not sure what timg would want in regards to a verification prior to placing the tombstone on a course info page.

WI pulls several courses during the winter and early spring seasons. I've always wanted to play a round at Brown Deer in the winter.

fun course, managed to get in a round at both 1 and 2, notroman wasnt joking about navigation at 2, after hole 8 i ended up at 18 then found 9 and played through 11 before playing 17 then backtracking to find 12, shot 59 which includes a 6 on hole 4 (epic hole), also shot 59 on the other course from the blues, hit chains on 3 and missed my deuce putt:wall:

alright, who wants to meet at westlake around 11:00 tomorrow? gonna do westlake and then head over to middle park, one of you chicago guys have to wanna do some quad cities tomorrow!

Yeah, 22 can be scary with that downhill approach. I always play it safe on that hole.

Last time I played Eastern the creek was mostly dry.

Yeah, 22 can be scary with that downhill approach. I always play it safe on that hole.

Last time I played Eastern the creek was mostly dry.

There are a lot of scary holes at west lake, 13 is pretty brutal. Playing safe is what got me to 22 without losing anything an I was going to play it just like I played 21, which I deuced, but I didn't quite flex it enough and it went in. I was pretty tired by then and it was about dark. Beautiful course but I definitely like Camden II better.

West lake is on of my favorites. Surprisingly enough last weekend I didn't go in the water once. First round ever there... And somehow I scooped a 4 on hole 5 long and 13.:thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.