• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay folks Im new to the game. Been playing for about a year but in that year I have learned alot. Do to the fact that I have played more than 200 rounds I think that I am fairly good (for only haveing palyed the game for a year). I am always looking for ways to improve and from what i have read the pros say to play with people that are better than you. So I am always looking for new people to play with me. So please let me know if you would like to. I live in northern IL. wonder lake so if your in the area drop me a line.

You should hit up jasonc, hes from up north too. or, if you don't mind a trip, we have meet ups virtually every weekend, most are out more near the Joliet area, but not always. Then you can meet mashnut and matrix, who make everyone else look bad. :gross::p

Yeah, I did birdie 7 of the 21 holes that first round. :D

Really wish I could have pulled out a comparable second round, but I was putting like garbage. Ah well, still learning.

well if you do come out this way let me know and maybe we can get a round or two in.

hey that's awesome stuff guys.... glad you did so well in kenosha today!

I'll be in Florida next weekend hoping to get a round or two in at the christian camp there near my client.. not a stellar course but interesting anyway.

anybody doing a round or two after 5or6 this week?

hey that's awesome stuff guys.... glad you did so well in kenosha today!

I'll be in Florida next weekend hoping to get a round or two in at the christian camp there near my client.. not a stellar course but interesting anyway.

anybody doing a round or two after 5or6 this week?

I'm gonna be hanging around home all week. If you want to play doubles at Lombard on Wednesday at 5:30 ($8) or Oak Brook on Thursday at 5:30 ($7), I will more than likely be there! For the next 2 weeks after that the times should be 5:45 for both courses. May should start at 6:00pm for both courses.

heck yeah, nice round gdbp,

message to everyone else, I'm considering playing another tourney this saturday at the Waukegan course, anyone interested?

yeah man im all pre reged for it so ill be up there with Jonnie B....gunna be the first tourny i play blind lol

anyone looking to get some golf in later? i have a dentist appointmet at one but it is clear sailing after that

Hay folks Im new to the game. Been playing for about a year but in that year I have learned alot. Do to the fact that I have played more than 200 rounds I think that I am fairly good (for only haveing palyed the game for a year). I am always looking for ways to improve and from what i have read the pros say to play with people that are better than you. So I am always looking for new people to play with me. So please let me know if you would like to. I live in northern IL. wonder lake so if your in the area drop me a line.

hey steveo, welcome to the dgcr forums!

I live close to Fairfield. We have a saturday morning random draw doubles league that starts between 11:00 and 11:15 all year long. There is typically good competition out there. Winning scores are usually in the -12 to -16 range.

I would be happy to show you around some of the local courses if you are interested. It looks like you still need to make your way over to UW-Parkside. Lot's of fun north of the border! :thmbup:

Yeah, I was on the top card, was that you hanging with us?

That's the older lefty, right? I don't know anyone by name or anything like that.

I was in the silver dri-fit with the sunburn. Didn't you see my fancy DGCR bag tag?? :confused:

I know we had met up at Grey Fox last year, but I wasn't in your group. Some other time; I am dying to get back up to Grey Fox this season.

Yes, he was the lefty with earphones in. I thought you looked familiar but was not sure. Didn't think to check the bag. Grey Fox is a good time.

hey steveo, welcome to the dgcr forums!

I live close to Fairfield. We have a saturday morning random draw doubles league that starts between 11:00 and 11:15 all year long. There is typically good competition out there. Winning scores are usually in the -12 to -16 range.

I would be happy to show you around some of the local courses if you are interested. It looks like you still need to make your way over to UW-Parkside. Lot's of fun north of the border! :thmbup:

Thanks jasonc. I will have to try to make it to one of the saturday leagues. But I'm positive I wont shoot anywhere neer -12. I have played fairfield a few times and have trouble hitting +5 there. Mainly do to that god forsaken 18th. I mean really 800' its a killer!!:doh:

Don't worry about your scores just yet. Get out there and play. Play leagues, play tourneys or whatever. I was amazed at how much I could learn just watching other people throw.
Thanks jasonc. I will have to try to make it to one of the saturday leagues. But I'm positive I wont shoot anywhere neer -12. I have played fairfield a few times and have trouble hitting +5 there. Mainly do to that god forsaken 18th. I mean really 800' its a killer!!:doh:

Don't worry about your scores just yet. Get out there and play. Play leagues, play tourneys or whatever. I was amazed at how much I could learn just watching other people throw.

thanks skippy. Im not really worrrying about my score just striveing to be the best I can be.:thmbup:

If you get out with this group of guys and girls you will learn quite a bit. Great group of people and they are ALWAYS out playing so there is never a shortage of DG here.

thanks skippy. Im not really worrrying about my score just striveing to be the best I can be.:thmbup:

Also, its doubles, wayyyy easier to score nicely. In doubles, with a good partner, I can shoot even or under at almost any course around here. And if you're lucky enough to get a great partner, like a local pro, you're set to shoot even or under virtually anywhere.

I know others have said it already, but don't worry too much about the scores. I have played that course a bajillion times to date and I have never come close to a -12 on my own.

Most of the regulars come out to this league for fun. We do not keep a running total for points or anything like that. But if you do get one of the pros as a partner, you will certainly have a good chance to win. :)

FWIW, the ace pot is around $150. No aces since last year, which is very unusual for this league.

I know others have said it already, but don't worry too much about the scores. I have played that course a bajillion times to date and I have never come close to a -12 on my own.

Most of the regulars come out to this league for fun. We do not keep a running total for points or anything like that. But if you do get one of the pros as a partner, you will certainly have a good chance to win. :)

FWIW, the ace pot is around $150. No aces since last year, which is very unusual for this league.

I played there today and shot a +6. Didn't think that was too bad concidering the 30mph winds. Finally learning to chuck my katana love it for the anhyzers!! I hit chains off the tee with it on hole 10 I think its the one dogleg right around the swamp!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.