• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a risk/reward type gap on hole 5 that I always go for (but don't always make). If you look up and to the right of the "landing zone" there is a hole in the trees and you're staring at the fairway about a third of the way up hill. If you can get a drive in there, it makes it much easier to get up to the basket. It's a little tougher to place than the intended route, but still fun to throw. Just be careful not to go too deep otherwise you'll just be pitching back into the fairway like you would if you were to go deep of the intended landing zone.

I'm in, I love Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge, and mt. Airy is really nice too.

I think you'll like Kaposia in the Twin Cities a lot, then. It reminded me a lot of Mt. Airy but it's more technical. I guess the flavor would be more like a Mt. Airy/Hornets Nest hybrid with a lot of elevation mixed in on a few holes. Just grab the map/score card when you pay so you know where the holes are. It's pretty easy to follow for the most part, but there are a few places where you can get lost or go in the wrong direction if you've never been (especially after hole 17, which is where they currently redesigned/added holes).

Just got back from idlewild/airy/banklick...idlewild leaped to the top of my favs. I also realy enjoyed the other two. But idlewild blew them out of the water for me.

In dave242's review of idlewild, he writes

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of GREAT shots and great spots on the course, but there were waaaaay too many "doinky" holes. What I mean by that is multi-throw holes where you float a putter 100-200' to a landing zone and then do it again and again to get to a par 4 or 5.

Which I can understand. Probably the only knock on the course that I would agree with. Still fantastic in my book.

22 people = 11 teams :thmbup:

was just seeking clarification.seems goofy to me to refer to a doubles tournament reg list in terms of number of people instead of number of teams.

spoke to Erika today. there are 23 people registered (i know who the odd ball is, he doesnt have a partner yet).

i really want to play idlewild. think i may take the 'long way' to Worlds next year and make a stop or two or 3......

was just seeking clarification.seems goofy to me to refer to a doubles tournament reg list in terms of number of people instead of number of teams.

spoke to Erika today. there are 23 people registered (i know who the odd ball is, he doesnt have a partner yet).

i really want to play idlewild. think i may take the 'long way' to Worlds next year and make a stop or two or 3......

The only reason I've ever been to Idlewild and oher Cinci/Dayton area courses is because I hit them up on my way down to Charlotte. It makes for a relaxing trip. Just leave early in the morning, get to Cinci by noon or 1, play some disc, sleep at a hotel, play more disc the next day and continue on to Charlotte. It's possible to do it all in one day as well, but you'll have to leave around 5am and you will only have time to play about one round at Idlewild.

Makes sense.
sorry, i'm a noob. :doh:

So i came to the conclusion that Eagle Ridge has a yellow fetish...i found 4 yellow discs 2day and lost my beast on #15 in the tall grass >=(((

only weird people throw yellow =P and i invested in a classic roc like you and imma see how she does :thmbup: does anyone know how a riot flys?!?

HAHA maybe weird but yellow gets to the basket 1st. I hope you like the CR. Great up shot and short driver disc. I like them so cuz they have a shallow lip and I can throw them for shots people throw their putter for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts