• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm turning over Pro Destroyers & Wraiths. Any suggestions to help a guy?

All I asked is if a change of plastic would be helpful.
A change of plastic will lessen the symptom you're seeing (the turning over), but it won't help fix the problem.

I hate to break it to you, but as others have said, it's either OAT or that you're throwing on an anhyzer. Those discs need way more speed/nose down than you're generating to turn over. Those are pretty much the only three things that cause the discs you mentioned to do what you're describing. I'd believe that you have a freak Z Flash way before I beleve that you have a freak Pro Wraith and a freak Pro Destroyer. I'll bet some of the guys on DGR could even tell you the color of your Flash based on the flight description you gave.

The eaisest way to learn to control OAT is to learn to throw slow and/or understable plastic on hyzers. Start short and work on throwing pure hyzers (no flattening at all) farther and farther. Get the feel for preserving your shoulder plane and wrist orientation.

Doing that will help you learn how to control OAT so that if you need more overstability, you can roll under or if you need a big 'S' you can force a disc over.

I one time, just for fun, tried to see if I could get a kinda beat DX Leopard to hold a hyzer into a headwind. I actually rolled under enough to get it to not flatten into a ~10mph headwind and still go 320' and belive me, I'm not that good. ;) If you can't get a Destroyer to not turn over at 320', you have to admit that you probably have some work to do on controlling OAT. Trust me when I say you'll be a lot happier figuring this out.

Just as an aside, and I know you didn't ask, but you actually do get a stronger grip, rip and more speed ouf of your hand with narrower rimmed discs. It's also easier to get and feel wrist extension (snap) with them. If you want your Wraith to go 400', the easiest way to learn is to get a Cyclone/Gazelle type disc to 350' and a midrange to 320'.

I had this same problem a few years back but I found out my real problem was I didn't understand hyzer. I thought hyzer was the angle of the disc and not the arm motion. So I would cock my wrist down, throw the disc flat and think I was hyzer flipping very stable discs. I wasn't at all.

I am sure you know this, but it is important we are all working off the same definition of what hyzer is. Hyzer is more the direction the arm is pulled in rather than if the disc is nose down or nose up. Again, I am sure you know this. But it would make sense to me you might think you were flipping discs with hyzer when in reality you are throwing them flat upon release.

Really make sure your arm is going from low to high and see if these discs still flip on you.

great advice garublador ^^

that must be why you are a DGCR consultant... what's your $alary?

I hate to break it to you, but as others have said, it's either OAT or that you're throwing on an anhyzer. Those discs need way more speed/nose down than you're generating to turn over...The eaisest way to learn to control OAT is to learn to throw slow and/or understable plastic on hyzers. Start short and work on throwing pure hyzers (no flattening at all) farther and farther. Get the feel for preserving your shoulder plane and wrist orientation...If you can't get a Destroyer to not turn over at 320', you have to admit that you probably have some work to do on controlling OAT. Trust me when I say you'll be a lot happier figuring this out.

Exactly

great advice garublador ^^

that must be why you are a DGCR consultant... what's your $alary?
Thanks! All I get is that fancy banner that enocurages people to listen to what I say. Nearly everything I've said either originated from DGR or are my experiences using the knowledge I gathered on DGR. I wouldn't be surprised if you could write a program to give the exact same advice that I do. In fact, I've been considering giving myself the Turing test to find out if I actually am a program or not.

There are some flippy destroyers out there, and wraiths are flippy too. Get a new one

I'm not sure that's the direction the experts are tying to lead him. Besides, even a "flippy" disc can fly straight if it is thrown properly.

I just want to say :hfive: to everyone that's contributed to this thread, this is some funny ****. The ignorance from OP and the persistence of you all to help one so blindly ignorant is beyond even my patience. Good thing I wasn't on last night when this was posted, I knew instantly by reading the topic what the problem was. But, this is too funny... I just want to see more, continue! :popcorn:

Btw, this never gets old! :thmbup:
You're right, he asks what the problem is, yet does not want to take anyones advice. Saying his friends can show him. Then why did the op even come here asking for help. Sometimes you have to take some constructive criticism, it does sound like Oat issues, getting new more stable discs wont help but just mask the problem even more. I agree to disc down to slower discs and take advice from people on here. They are only trying to help you.

There are some flippy destroyers out there, and wraiths are flippy too. Get a new one

Lmao, you told someone to replace a PD with a Cheetah, and you're saying Wriath's and Destoyers are flippy? Destroyers fly 500'+ in a straight LINE and you're saying they're flippy.... Some are LESS stable than others but unless it's a DESTROYED DX Destroyer, they aren't "flippy." This topic is really cracking me up.:thmbup:

You need to be throwing a Max Weight Boss for anything over 200'. Maybe even a Max if you're able to break the incredible 300' mark. Your form is probably perfect, too.

Many good answers so far from toothyfish, garublador and others. The only thing I'll add is this is golf, nothing stays the same for extended periods of time. Tiny (and sometimes not so tiny) imperfections creep into everyone's form, even the best players, all of the time. It's very analagous to ball golf, where all of the touring pros have swing coaches. These changes can be very hard to detect, even for an experience player standing right in front of you. Slow motion video is often the best way to pick up on these things, as you can't argue with what you see yourself doing on film.