• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm turning over Pro Destroyers & Wraiths. Any suggestions to help a guy?

I like how people are still trying to say the disc are wore trying to answer his question, and giving some terrible examples through some good examples. Missing the point as he said IT WAS HIS FORM which invalidates the whole question really. If he would have admitted to himself to begin with it was his form he already answered his own question.

For all of you that think Pro plastic seems to wear out like crazy, it's more durable than DX, you must hate DX.... People LOVE these crazy beat DX disc, but Pro beats up faster? NAW, people got this all backwards. It's REALLY subjective to your locale, and the courses you play. You can't forget that.

I like how people are still trying to say the disc are wore trying to answer his question, and giving some terrible examples through some good examples. Missing the point as he said IT WAS HIS FORM which invalidates the whole question really. If he would have admitted to himself to begin with it was his form he already answered his own question.

For all of you that think Pro plastic seems to wear out like crazy, it's more durable than DX, you must hate DX.... People LOVE these crazy beat DX disc, but Pro beats up faster? NAW, people got this all backwards. It's REALLY subjective to your locale, and the courses you play. You can't forget that.

Thats what Im trying to figure out. I have a 162 (so light) Pro Leopard that I use a lot and in some heavy woods hitting trees and I can still get it to fly 300' without being "flippy".

Theres some turn there, but still; I just dont see 20' more power with a heavier Destroyer comming anywhere close to that without some other issue. Its such a huge jump in discs, even a Wraith.

People who dislike pro plastic, especially for high speed drivers, are missing out. Like Lithicon said, it's course subjective as well though. I could see not liking it or DX if all you play are wooded courses, but for people that have open and wooded courses easily available, pro is the way to go.

There is nothing more beautiful than hyzer-flipping a pro destroyer down an open fairway, parking it under the basket 400ft away. Maybe Megan Fox.

Pro plastic is great for discs that you want to be flippy at some point. It breaks in quick and basically stays there unless you try to cut down trees with it.

IME Star loses stability a little slower than Pro, but seems to pick up damage a lot more easily than Pro. And it stays in some weird limbo between stable and flippy too long before being consistently flippy.

Considering the extra cost of Star plastic I dont think its worthwhile. If I want stable I go Champ. If I want flippy I go Pro.

Does Pro beat up more quickly than DX? nah. They're both at the other end of the durability spectrum from Star and particularly Champ, imo.

Definitely Megan fox, hands down. Sweet shot, but if Megan fox was standing there I'd have never thrown the shot to know. I'd have been on the Teebox with her.... Enough fantasies.....

Now this is just me taking this to an extreme, as I have no idea what kind of damage the guy done to the disc. It could be trashed. But, just like the guy in the "is this disc trashed" thread. Could have gouged it severely, probably scratched the leading edge. But, people will barely scratch a disc especially something like Champion or something and place too much significance on it saying the disc will fly different. You have a much higher % of ****ing the shot before that scratch would, It's the archer not the arrow. That's why were all up this guys ass. It's easy to tell beginners from experienced players. Beginners cherish new shiny plastic, experienced players cherish those cheaper beat to hell disc. These disc last WAY longer than people are comfortable admitting unless they have decent form and can control these beat disc .As well as familiar with how disc fly when they're getting wore in. Don't get me wrong, THERE IS A POINT where the disc are unusable. But, some of my Pro Wraith's I just got rid of the guy that got them, LOVED them and was unsure as to why I got rid of such a perfectly beat in disc. It was perfect, all of them. But, when you're throwing with close to 450'ish of power THEN those disc are just a tad bit flippy.... That's why I throw Echo Star Destroyers now.... Seriously people, 2 year old PRO Wraith... You gotta know how to throw these things!

I like Pro because it does beat in a bit faster than Star and Champ and it's definately more grippy, especially when it's wet or cold out. I've had success with using Pro and Star/Champ (or Elite Z and X) combos to get a disc that stays more stable and a disc that will beat in to get a little turn and a few more feet. Mmmm, Mmmm, Good!

I like DX because it's grippy and beats in to some of the best discs I have.

Now I do have a DX Gazelle and a Dx Eagle that are flippy and if I don't release on a hyzer they will just turn right over. But with a hyzer release and the right height they will make a really nice mid flight turn and rarely fade back. You can't buy a disc that does that, in any mold or plastic.

Last edited:
Seeing as you have 2.9 years experience, I'm not going to accuse you of having OAT problems but I will ask, do you?

Either that, or the discs you're using are severely broken in to the point of no return.
Also, what weights are you throwing?

That's a possibility

Whatever- I'm sure this guy isn't even reading this, and I can't after 8 pages find what I want to put on here, so if I am just saying he same thing over, sorry.

You're throwing pro wraiths/destroyers 320' and they are petering out on you. I know a guy who throws D Wraiths and Pro Wraiths that are in just TRASHED condition, and he can still put them out 380's easy. I, too, have some decently beat in pro wraiths and destroyers, and have put them past the 400's when they are broken in a little.

So your problem, to me, sounds like a few things.

1) Everyone's saying OAT. It might be that.

2) Did you post anywhere what condition/weight these guys are in? They usually start off demanding being thrown flat (for someone who's putting them out there 320's) in order to control them, but as they break in, that same form you started with is going to be way too much for them to handle.

3)If they are brand new, then look at number one. If they are starting to show some wear and tear, then I'd recommend learning to throw hyzer flips better. Just because they are beat in doesn't mean that they aren't usable. Basically, most people think that hyzer flipping just means putting hyzer on it, and doing the exact same thing- keeping it low, etc. But I've found that with my pro wraiths/destroyers that are beat in, that I need to give them a bit more air to work with. Try to see if tossing them up a little higher helps. Try to keep your variables down to one at a time; keep the same, consistent angle of release as you play with height first. Then tweak it as needed. Good luck.

Last edited:
I have been having this problem for awhile. As a matter of fact it began before I bought the discs I mentioned. SO even when new they were turning over, getting flippy, or whatever you wish to call it.

sorry prerube, but it's the archer not the arrow in this case. he said it himself.

I gotta ride this pony to pick up my new Champion Xcalibers and Bosses, BRING IT BACK! If it's down we gotta put it out of it's misery like this old man and his OAT issues.

New people posting without reading is definitely keeping the pulse up though... Slap it's ass again...

Last edited:
People who dislike pro plastic, especially for high speed drivers, are missing out. Like Lithicon said, it's course subjective as well though. I could see not liking it or DX if all you play are wooded courses, but for people that have open and wooded courses easily available, pro is the way to go.

There is nothing more beautiful than hyzer-flipping a pro destroyer down an open fairway, parking it under the basket 400ft away. Maybe Megan Fox.
Try googling megan fox toe thumb and you might change your mind. *cringe*

Latest posts