• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Imagine you are given a million dollars to spend on disc golf...

I'd make a fun course with zip-lines, spinning teepads, moving baskets, pop-up walls and plexiglass maze shots! Half indoors/Half Outdoors! Haha

Buy a couple injection molding machines and start pumpin out discs to the masses.. And travel the world setting up temp courses/permanent in places that needed it. Someone give me a mill. :p

I posted this on the facebook page. I would buy a plot of land and create ONE, 18 hole, par 68, championship course (seven par 3's, three par 5's, and eight par 4's). I would then add the rest to a prestigious invitational tournament with a $300+ buy in. That way, everyone there is a serious contender, and there would be the largest payout for any disc golf tournament ever. I would want every player to say it was the best tournament they had ever been a part of and for the bar to be set for future events.

Pay half to Dave Dunipace to not mess with classic molds (teebird, eagle, beast, etc.) anymore, then I would buy a bunch of Grooves, and get our club's idea of Skeet shooting discs with a Shotgun for charity event going (we thought of using old discs but why not a bunch of new Grooves), each disc and shell bought would help charity.

Ok, for my third choice I'll jump on board with this dream course trend.

I'd by a plot of land, obviously perfect for disc golf - ravines and bluffs, nearly completely treed (I'll create open areas as I need), a creek running through the valley, a few random ponds, some areas of thick rough, some more open undergrowth.

There would also be a source of hot springs, one major hot spring at the campground (with a handful of spread out campsites, each one unique and special in its own right) is pumped into a series of rustic pools, a couple near scalding upper pools, several pleasant lower pools, and one large lake that remains a constant enjoyable swimming temperature.

Another hot spring feeds the bar. Brewery on site. It's a bar where the patrons can sit in the hot spring fed pool, while the waitresses wade around in bikinis. They enjoy several large screen plasma TVs that have the ability to play any possible sports game you can imagine, obscure or otherwise.

Then there's the outside restaurant portion. Each table, whether seating a couple or a large family, is located on a treefort platform that you have to do some sort of ropes course experience to get there. And of course after the meal you exit by zipline, the menu has more classy options, but also offers the same as the bar and grill attached to the DGproshop.

The DG course is of course world class 27 holes, several par 4s and 5s, number one rated by DGCR, beer cart piloted by an extremely cute girl, access to a bar at least every 6 holes, nicely stocked proshop, on site pros to give lessons and clinics as well as recommend equipment, driving range, bar and grill that serves some of the best bar food anywhere, including deer, turkey, pheasant, elk, etc that has all been hunted on the property.

There's also a ziplines everywhere. There's the canopy tour, which by itself is an incredible ride through the treetops, and for the disc golfer, it's a preview of the course as the zip lines follow the fairways. Then there's the lower set of zip lines that accompanys the DG course, say you throw a perfect drive on a hole, your reward is that you get to clip into the zip line and ride 400' down to the basket. If you shank your drive, you're probably going to have to make the walk of shame.

And that's only if you decide not to take the buggy option, they're like golf carts, just more badass.

/dream

Last edited:
travel the world playing as many courses as i could. i dont even care if this sounds selfish. can you imagine how far you could travel and how many courses you could play with $1,000,000?!

We have 80+ courses in Oregon each would get $2000 to improve these courses. ($200,000)

Then I'd build/renovate 2 of these into top shelf tourney worthy courses. Including spectator seating areas. Have a very generous payout. Spend about $500,00 on this.

And use the remaining $300,000 to promote the sport to the youth.

First i'd buy property with hills and running water. Then install digtal touchscreen teesigns and whatever position you wanted to play you would touch it on the sign. The basket would go underground at the position it was at and pop up out of the ground where you picked..........There would also be water fountains and massaging seats at every tee. I could make this happen with a million.

First i'd buy property with hills and running water. Then install digtal touchscreen teesigns and whatever position you wanted to play you would touch it on the sign. The basket would go underground at the position it was at and pop up out of the ground where you picked..........There would also be water fountains and massaging seats at every tee. I could make this happen with a million.

Pretty sure you're joking...and on the chance that you're not...what you want would cost much more than 1 million dollars.

Plus it would all get stolen within a week.

Donate half divided through out the DFW, to pay for maintaining the courses (clean up crews, landscaping, replacing baskets, replacing teepads, adding holes, installing stairs[where needed]). Then with $100,000 I would host tournaments at said courses at 10$/person, donate $3/person to parks and recreation of the course we are playing to create revenue for the parks and Rec. The other 7$ would be used for prize packages. Then I would use another 100k for advertisement for disc golf :D I would then spend 150,000 to open a disc golf store in my home town as close to the course as I could. I would spend the rest to travel and play courses while spreading the word of the great sport.

I would find a couple Boys and Girls clubs with some decent land space, then set up some 9 hole courses and donate a ton of DX/Pro-D plastic for use. I would hire some top pros to come do some clinics. I'd spend the rest on EDGE packages for local schools...of course I'd have to save a little to put up good tee signs at my local course, Widefield. That'd be about it.

My course would have 2 holes where the fairways cross. The 1st hole would be up on a 15' to 20' high cliff throwing across a 20' gap. It may not sound awesome, but the 2nd hole's fairway is the bottom of the cliff, shooting through that same 20' gorge.

I wonder how much an abandoned factory (for an indoor course) might cost?

I wonder how much an abandoned factory (for an indoor course) might cost?

Unless you did the work yourself, it would cost millions. And then you have to run the place, heat it, cool it, maintain it...etc. Ever since I started playing DG, I've dreamed of doing this.

Once I win the lottery.

We missed our chance when the Pontiac Silverdome sold for $583,000 a few years back.

Yeah, you would have to win the lottery every month to pay the utility bill. But imagine the course! Plus, for those who seek it, imagine the nationwide publicity.

My wish is that the next disc golfer who hits the jackpot will move to Brooksville, Florida, and buy the property where the Canyon once was. I'd love to visit.

I would totally build a million dollar disc golf complex. Multiple pro level 18 hole courses, a pro shop to end all pro shops, and a driving range with "runners" (ie guys with helmets that run around on the driving range collecting and returning your discs). I would pay to have a driving simulator designed where you could type in the name, weight, and level of wear on your disc, along with your throwing style, then throw at a screen that would measure the speed and rotation of the disc. Using those measurements, the program would project the flight path of the disc along a virtual hole/course/field and give you all sorts of info on your throw and how you can correct/improve on it. You'd also be able to watch slow motion video of your throw and the local pros could analyze it for you step by step. You could also program wind direction and speed into it and it would factor that into your throw results as well. After throwing, you could pull up a top down view showing the path of your throw and where it would have landed on the virtual landscape. it would eat up a lot of the million bucks, but man would that be awesome!

I would pay to have a driving simulator designed where you could type in the name, weight, and level of wear on your disc, along with your throwing style, then throw at a screen that would measure the speed and rotation of the disc. Using those measurements, the program would project the flight path of the disc along a virtual hole/course/field and give you all sorts of info on your throw and how you can correct/improve on it. You'd also be able to watch slow motion video of your throw and the local pros could analyze it for you step by step. You could also program wind direction and speed into it and it would factor that into your throw results as well. After throwing, you could pull up a top down view showing the path of your throw and where it would have landed on the virtual landscape. it would eat up a lot of the million bucks, but man would that be awesome!

You're going to need more than a million for that!