• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mega Millions...1.1 Billion Dollars?

After all the legal stuff and helping out family....the disc golf club I'm part of has been trying to get enough money to install a new course. I'd donate enough money to make it happen, along with extra for future maintenance. If they got hole sponsors after the course was built, that money could just go back to the club for future course building.

Pay a pro to give me lessons for a month (or however long it took).

I think the Cash payout is something like $750M. I could do a lot of good things with that.

1. Tithe
2. Fiduciary and CPA
3. $1M for the first year. Pay off my house, my mom's house, buy new cars, probably move somewhere that has a mother-in-law suite for my mom.
4. $10M goes in the bank for us to live off for the rest of our lives.
5. Quit job and work with a career coach to figure out what to do next.
6. $1M to each sibling
7. $1M in a trust fund for each kid.
8. Decide based on item 5 whether any should go to a business or non-profit startup.
9. Look for fun and meaningful ways to give the rest away.

Last edited:
1.1 billion dollars might cover half of my families medical debt... :\ Probably closer to 1/3rd though.

I don't buy lottery tickets, because my chance of winning is basically zero regardless of whether I buy a ticket or not.

Like pretty much everybody else, I am tempted when there's a truly huge jackpot though.

If I was to play and win:
-Get professional financial advice
-Put in notice at work
-Pay off house
-Setup family members - Need to think about how to do this. There are a few family members who would probably get themselves in a lot of trouble if they were handed a mountain of cash.
-Set aside funds to live on and invest them
-Setup lobbying firm to push my priorities in DC
-Setup charitable fund with small staff to evaluate organizations before donating
-Purchase land and hire top designers to design and install multiple courses on site
-Travel
-Pursue hobbies that life has put on the back burner

If I win tonight I'm buying everyone DGCR premium memberships and bergs.

I don't buy lottery tickets, because my chance of winning is basically zero regardless of whether I buy a ticket or not.

Like pretty much everybody else, I am tempted when there's a truly huge jackpot though.

If I was to play and win:
-Get professional financial advice
-Put in notice at work
-Pay off house
-Setup family members - Need to think about how to do this. There are a few family members who would probably get themselves in a lot of trouble if they were handed a mountain of cash.
-Set aside funds to live on and invest them
-Setup lobbying firm to push my priorities in DC
-Setup charitable fund with small staff to evaluate organizations before donating
-Purchase land and hire top designers to design and install multiple courses on site
-Travel
-Pursue hobbies that life has put on the back burner

IF you do buy a lottery ticket, your chances of winning are infinitely better than if you do NOT buy a lottery ticket.

If you buy two, you have doubled your chances!

^I agree with everything you said, but I still stand by my statement that the chance of winning is basically zero (even if I were to buy a fistful of tickets).

Someone will win. It won't be me.

Estimated cash payout is 747 million at the moment

That's before taxes

In California, you don't have to pay state taxes on lottery winnings so I would clear about two thirds of that as my cash payout if I won, so roughly half a billion

I would really want to put the giving it away part of it into progressive causes. After the usual things you guys have all mentioned

^I agree with everything you said, but I still stand by my statement that the chance of winning is basically zero (even if I were to buy a fistful of tickets).

Someone will win. It won't be me.

And, depending upon perspective, 1 in about 303 million IS basically zero. It's just not ACTUALLY zero.

^Totally agreed. That's why I used the weasel word "basically".

Sell house, buy a motorhome and a car:

VARIOmobil-Vario-Perfect-1200-Platinum-01.jpg

and then bag every course from here to eternity.

My wife has already told me what's happening..

1. Pay off house, set up trust fund etc..

2. Start an animal rescue and adopt a fur army
And Pay someone to do the work around the yard

3. Become a professional disc golfer/ touring pro

Latest posts