• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] impact 150

blind pilot

Birdie Member
I have never thrown a 150 class before,what should I look for out of this disc? I throw 350 to 375 golf D and max out around 400, RHBH.This is my 1st time posting,and I value everyones opinions, and advice.

I've got a 173 Impact, and it's kinda flippy, holds gentle hyzer and anhyzer lines well and goes dead straight if you don't muscle it. I can only imagine that 150 will be uber flippy, probably a good short anny disc.

It is a very straight disc out of the box. You would think that it would flip over pretty easily, but the bead underneath the rim gives it good resistance. It holds a turnover line without flipping pretty nicely. It does have a very slight fade but not much and most certainly flat falling.

It has enough glide to hit longer low-ceiling shots, definitely longer than whatever you're throwing as a mid. IMO, the 150 Impact is Slower, but has the same range as a fairway driver. Speed and control of a midrange, with the the range and glide of a fairway driver. Treat it like a midrange... overpowering it will flip it over.

yeah, I like the idea of it being a longer,stable mid, but the 150 class kinda scares me.I'm hoping it behaves if I just ease up on it a bit.

yeah, I like the idea of it being a longer,stable mid, but the 150 class kinda scares me.I'm hoping it behaves if I just ease up on it a bit.

150 class isnt as screwy as you would think. just like any other disc, if you take the time to learn it, it will work for you. Dont know how hard you throw your mids, but if you find yourself flipping it over, try adding hyzer and flip it up. Do this before "backing off"

i own a 159 and a 173 impact and love both. i use the 159er for placement shots as it holds any line to the mark. the 173 gets less use unless of a head wind in which i trust it more. its a finesse disc not something to use at more than 50% power. great glide for a mid with not much fade at the end. i suggest having both a 150 class and a reg. weight in everyone's bag.

Took this disc out to throw today,and was pleasantly surprised. This disc flies very straight,and glides forever. I wanted a longer staighter mid/fairway and I think the impact will fill that spot in my bag. It should be good for low cieling tunnel shots, or threading tight gaps.I threw this up to 70%power and it didn't show any signs of being flippy, yet.

Latest posts