• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In need of a driver recommendation

More or less, it's all relative to what you are trying to get the disc to do. The main thing is to keep your arm on the same plane with your shoulders. Rolling your wrist under will cause hyzer and over will cause anhyzer, perpendicular is where you'd want it for a flat throw. For visual reference, check how homeboy's shoulders are aligned with his arm; you'll notice that he's rolled his wrist under a bit which has given the disc a bit of hyzer.

It's a big picture so I'm hyperlinking to it: Pic of dude's drive

Leopard seems to be standard reccomend and they are pretty money. Two of my friends started with and still throw valk. If you have arm speed then wraith will be great

Ok, so I want my palm to be oriented perpendicular to the ground through the follow-through?
You don't want it to be facing upward, but trying to hard to align with the ground can also lead to shoulder plane issues, which may be present as well.

Practice throwing your most understable discs on hyzers that don't flatten at all. Start as short as you can and gradually push out your distance. Don't let them flatten at all.

leopard, teebird and maybe a valk. you'll be set for awhile with those three. The teebird has been my number one diver for 4 years, I love it!

leopard, teebird and maybe a valk. you'll be set for awhile with those three. The teebird has been my number one diver for 4 years, I love it!
I already have a fairly beaten gazelle, new teebird, and new lightweight viking. So pretty close to that already.

well, I rely on the teebird alot, but my other two most used drivers are a TL and a Beast. I still say there is room for a leopard in your bag, but the question is still what is good for you, not me.

You don't want it to be facing upward, but trying to hard to align with the ground can also lead to shoulder plane issues, which may be present as well.

Practice throwing your most understable discs on hyzers that don't flatten at all. Start as short as you can and gradually push out your distance. Don't let them flatten at all.
I played a couple rounds today and I focused on keeping my palm in a "handshake" position from pull to follow through. Things are going a little straighter yet and I am pushing my drives out past 300' more and more, especially when I feel like I "hit" the Viking as best as I am currently capable. Everything still has to be a hyzer-flip except the Teebird, which fades very reliably for me on a flat toss.

I will definitely try the hyzer drill... and try to get some video. The mosquitoes recently got really bad around here so most of my DG consists of me and my friends running through the course as quickly as we can then back to the car LOL :mad:

Latest posts