• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In search of a bag

Darkstar1332

Hi, I am in search of a bag that can hold about 20 discs. I would love a shoulder strap one and not a backpack. If at all possible I would like 3 dividers so 4 different disc spots for Drivers, Fairways, Mids, and Putters respectively. If not capable then I would like at least 2 dividers like most bags have.... if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Not a lot of shoulder bags that hold that many discs anymore. MVP Nucleus is probably the only one readily available and only comes with two dividers. I don't think any of those style bags ever came with three, you probably need to fashion one.

Hi, I am in search of a bag that can hold about 20 discs. I would love a shoulder strap one and not a backpack. If at all possible I would like 3 dividers so 4 different disc spots for Drivers, Fairways, Mids, and Putters respectively. If not capable then I would like at least 2 dividers like most bags have.... if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Disctraft Tournament Bag is still made just might Be OOP due to Corona Virus. modern ones made after 2009 are back saver/quad straps Incorporated. It is literally the most durable traditonal bag ever made, DGA bag a close second but only holds 15-18, sometime 19 discs. https://discgolfunited.com/divider-replacement-set-heropack.html This is used in a few single strap bags that Innova used to make, namely the Innova Tournament bag. The U shaper with the Discraft bag works fine, even a piece of plasic to go under the bag works fine but if you use the Innova U channel, the Discraft bag shaper might not fit. Yes the Discraft bag holds 20 discs max.

https://infinitediscs.com/Products/Bags---Large/120/Discraft-Tournament

I know that Infinite Discs has just taken from Discraft what the bag holds but it holds according to the reviews 18-19 discs. Same from experience, also the bag held up very well, the newer ones are even better being a tiny bit slick woven Nylon. I mention here as Amazon they are always selling out since companies like Innova Stopped its bag that was very similar.

If you have trouble finding a 'sling' bag that you like, consider going the DIY way. Find a 'non-disc golf' bag you like somewhere else. Then take cardboard and make dividers. Use it for a while to see what you like/dislike about it. Make tweaks. Once you know how/where you want the dividers, make them out of stronger material. If you go this route, consider videoing what you do and post it on YouTube for others to see.

Toolbox? Or are those too big for what you're looking for? (You'd have to get a custom one. The stock ones don't have d-loops for a shoulder strap). Velcro, some stiff canvas, and a bit of sewing skills, and you've got dividers you can reposition.

^^ Yes, they are good, but not everyone likes carrying a backpack.

Or they have back issues using a backpack, but a quad straps with bag work fine with little to no issues with the back. Could be mid to upper back problems or Even using a Single sling bag for a Shoulder issue.

Also I almost forgot, Grip makes a Single strap bag.

If you have trouble finding a 'sling' bag that you like, consider going the DIY way. Find a 'non-disc golf' bag you like somewhere else. Then take cardboard and make dividers. Use it for a while to see what you like/dislike about it. Make tweaks. Once you know how/where you want the dividers, make them out of stronger material. If you go this route, consider videoing what you do and post it on YouTube for others to see.

Or modify an a bag that is almost perfect for you.

I did that with last 2 bags, a Vertex Angler Backpack with seat modified to work the way I wanted but it failed after 2 years in late 2019 the seat went on an Athletico Powershot Backpack bought in 2018 that I modified side pockets to take the seat/frame and used clear Flex Seal spray to protect the bottom of the bag as it was only a single layer of what was used for 90% of the rest of the bag.

Before this I was using until the bag failed a bag I got in 2007, the Discraft tournament Single strap to take some duffel bag backpack straps from an outdoor company in 2016 but the bag failed in mid 2017, but not really playing in 2009- spring of 2016 bu still the Tournament bag was heavily used in 2007-2009 and into spring of 2010 before I kind of stopped playing. The Discraft single strap bag would have lasted longer if I did not on one course get Sand Burrs stuck to the bag in 2009 that caused the older rough style woven Nylon Fabric of the bag to fail sooner. This bag from what I have seen is the most durable single strap bag on the market for under $100 or was in the 2000's.

Modern Discraft Tournament Single strap bags from 2015 on up will last much longer as the fabric is a smooth woven nylon so thing sticking to the bag is much more difficult, same durable strength at least when I bought my mom a bag in 2016, she had too many discs in a small cheep nylon drawstring sports bag that was so bad the thin double drawstring closer method meant they also were the backpack straps.

Last edited:
^^ Yes, they are good, but not everyone likes carrying a backpack.

The person they might find other quality designs of Backpack bags that fit the body better or fit the layout for the Disc Golf they play, better. I am not saying the backpack I have is quality, if anything the opposite not great quality but it is passable for the price/to quality, and nearly 98% match on the layout.

My only experience with a backpack bag was a Grip A-Frame, and I used it for 1 round and then sold it. It just didn't feel right and was quite unstable on the ground. In defense of backpacks I didn't really give them a chance, and never have since :p. Still rocking a Voodoo Mojo with quad-shocks. I have a Karma as a backup.

So I guess my suggestion would be a used Voodoo Karma. 2 dividers and holds 20-24 depending on dividers used/how many putters/mids are being carried. The side pockets can hold another 5-7.

Last edited:
For a Big bag, MVP Breaker is very big, just counted in the Pictures on Amazon bags holding in main disc section 20-24 discs and 2 in front putter pouch with the ability to hold more in other zipper pockets. $34.95 is not bad for the Pink version that comes with the extra quad style backpack straps only. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DVPL2TV/ref=twister_B0124XWM7Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry that is Nucleus, Wrong name. :doh::wall::mad:

Newer bags look the same for disc storage just they count the side Zipper pockets on those models for discs, only flaw they have only a single bottle holder on the bag, Would go with older model in pink almost guaranteed to not leave the bag in the rough.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but having tried a 20 disc sling bag for a season, I found it too much weight on one side.

Just my opinion but having tried a 20 disc sling bag for a season, I found it too much weight on one side.

If it can be switched to use quad straps with the bag, do so. I know most single strap bags can past the begginer and some next up models, only brand that still can't for all models are the Lighting bags.

Last edited:

Latest posts