• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] In The Bag: Age Edition

Lol. My bag is 297/18.56. The total is high becasue I got a cart that can carry a bajillion discs and I have it stuffed right now. The average is right there with biscoe's old bag.

My weighted average is 18.81. It's so close to the average it wasn't worth the time to figure out.

Pure (x3) - 8 x 3 = 24
Meteor - 10
Buzzz (x2) - 13 x 2 = 26
Verdict - 3
River - 6
Teebird (x3) - 17 x 3 = 51
Whippet - 25
XCaliber (x2) - 9 x 2 = 18
Wraith (x2) - 11 x 2 = 22
DD2 - 6
Sorcerer - 3
-------------------------------
Total - 194 / 18 = 10.7

Now I kind of wonder what my average was before I switched from Teebirds to Thunderbirds and from Yeti's to Daggers. The eMac Truth and Verdict weren't in the bag then either. It would have definitely been somewhere in the teens I'm thinking. If I weren't feeling lazy (and didn't need to get actual work done) I would figure it out. Maybe later.

I have a couple of trick high-speed Vibram drivers I almost never use but they get me sneaky distance in certain circumstances so they hang out in my bag. Those and the Scale are the only under ten year-old molds I had. Kick those two drivers out and replace the Scale with a Rhyno and I probably could get over 20 on the average. I just don't see a reason why I'd do that.

I'd kinda like to do this but based on when the disc was made (or purchased, at least).

But here goes:
Polecat - 23
Zone - 8
McPro Aviar - 33?
Pure - 8

Buzzz - 13
Drone - 12
Comet - 21

Leopard - 17
Teebird - 17
Firebird - 17
Predator - 14
Undertaker - 1

Valkyrie - 16
Beast - 14
Tern - 4
Surge - 11
Crank - 3
Nuke - 7

Total bag age: 239 years
Mean per disc: 13.3 years

The McPro Aviar definitely shouldn't count as 33 years, but I wasn't sure how to adjust.

That 111 is weighted by having so many molds in your bag. Better metric would be average age, where you score a 7.9.

Destro: 10
Firebird: 17
OLF: 11
RR: 12
Gazelle: 23
Roc: 30
Zone: 9
Wizard: 15

Average: 15.8 years.

17.57 weighted. Old froz are the best froz.

I'd kinda like to do this but based on when the disc was made (or purchased, at least).

But here goes:
Polecat - 23
Zone - 8
McPro Aviar - 33?
Pure - 8

Buzzz - 13
Drone - 12
Comet - 21

Leopard - 17
Teebird - 17
Firebird - 17
Predator - 14
Undertaker - 1

Valkyrie - 16
Beast - 14
Tern - 4
Surge - 11
Crank - 3
Nuke - 7

Total bag age: 239 years
Mean per disc: 13.3 years

The McPro Aviar definitely shouldn't count as 33 years, but I wasn't sure how to adjust.
It's all kinda fubar to a certain extent. I and a lot of people with high numbers carry Rocs, which have something like a '87 or '88 approval date. Those are San Marino's. I throw Ranchos and Ontarios. Ranchos came out in '97. Ontarios came out in '94. Based on the amount of them in my bag, it would probably have a big effect on my weighted total if I changed those years.

Any of the L molds would do the opposite; they showed up in 2001ish but were not approved until the names were used which was later (2007ish?) so the TL in my bag costs me some years.

It's not a perfect system, but it's not like we are going to turn this in for a peer review or anything. :|

Current full bag:

Total = 34 years
Average = 3.4 years

Yes, if you are good at math that equals 10 discs in the bag. Usually carry fewer, though.

Average for my previous bag would have been a lot higher, with Roc, Comet, Teebird, Leopard, Whippet, Valkyrie, and Wizard. Discs got a lot younger when I started throwing more sidearm and switched to more modern discs with lower rims.

It's all kinda fubar to a certain extent. I and a lot of people with high numbers carry Rocs, which have something like a '87 or '88 approval date. Those are San Marino's. I throw Ranchos and Ontarios. Ranchos came out in '97. Ontarios came out in '94. Based on the amount of them in my bag, it would probably have a big effect on my weighted total if I changed those years.

Any of the L molds would do the opposite; they showed up in 2001ish but were not approved until the names were used which was later (2007ish?) so the TL in my bag costs me some years.

It's not a perfect system, but it's not like we are going to turn this in for a peer review or anything. :|

Yeah I wasn't sure which Eagle I was supposed to go with. :\

ar heat - 3
fission photon - 2
x predator - 15
ar zombee - 5
x stratus - 20
ar archer - 1
ar hornet - 7
tp comet - 22 (actually 19 years old)
esp zone - 9
soft focus - 8
ar roach - 2