• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag with the "Champ"

Great video, I've been waiting for an in the bag video from Climo. I'm actually surprised by a few of the discs he carries like the Sonic, Katana & Tern (I knew he threw Terns but I still think its weird).

I wonder how Innova feels about having pros do in the bags, and they all have old and specialty run plastic. Hey, throw Innova. Just don't throw what's on the shelf. McBeth's about the only one who seems to be throwing stock plastic, and I don't think he only throws stock stuff.

Last edited:
Perfect example of not throwing too many different molds just all different stages of worn.

I wonder how Innova feels about having pros do in the bags, and they all have old and specialty run plastic. Hey, throw Innova. Just don't throw what's on the shelf. McBeth's about the only one who seems to be throwing stock plastic, and I don't think he only throws stock stuff.

McBeth said in his thread that he only throws stock plastic. Besides the Champs vid every other persons in the bag on SpinTv shows them throwing only current plastic (besides a few 11x & 10x Rocs).

McBeth said in his thread that he only throws stock plastic. Besides the Champs vid every other persons in the bag on SpinTv shows them throwing only current plastic (besides a few 11x & 10x Rocs).
Really?

Just looking at Val's video: 10X Aviar, KC Glow, 11X, and Ontario Roc, PFN 12X, CAL mold Champ Eagle (probably 11X looking at it), PFN Pro Wraith, and old Star Starfire are all stock?

Avery's bag isn't much different. 10X Whippet, Kenny Glow and 3 11X Rocs, Champ Glow Gator, and 3 PFN Star TeeBirds. I'd like to be able to pick up some of those 09 World Champ stamp Aviars. Great looking stamp.

McBeth said he throws 11x Teebirds. But that's the only thing that isn't on the shelves.

He said the only reason he still throws 11x is b/c he has a lot of backups of them. He said when he runs out he is totally comfortable throwing 12x's.

OOP plastic is just as easy to obtain as stock stuff...it just depends on how deep your pockets are.

The reason most of us pros keep throwin the old plastic is because we still have the discs after many years of playing with them and they are like a good friend to us.

I'm sure any of them can throw the new molds and plastic just as well. But why do you need to when you already have a bunch of the discs you like to throw?

The Tern isn't old by any means and he throws that. Sometimes it's hard to switch up things when you are so used to certain discs.

New discs aren't any worse than the old. In fact most of these "now valuable" discs were not really thought of as great when they came out.

Really?

Just looking at Val's video: 10X Aviar, KC Glow, 11X, and Ontario Roc, PFN 12X, CAL mold Champ Eagle (probably 11X looking at it), PFN Pro Wraith, and old Star Starfire are all stock?

Avery's bag isn't much different. 10X Whippet, Kenny Glow and 3 11X Rocs, Champ Glow Gator, and 3 PFN Star TeeBirds. I'd like to be able to pick up some of those 09 World Champ stamp Aviars. Great looking stamp.

PFN?

The reason most of us pros keep throwin the old plastic is because we still have the discs after many years of playing with them and they are like a good friend to us.

I'm sure any of them can throw the new molds and plastic just as well. But why do you need to when you already have a bunch of the discs you like to throw?

The Tern isn't old by any means and he throws that. Sometimes it's hard to switch up things when you are so used to certain discs.

New discs aren't any worse than the old. In fact most of these "now valuable" discs were not really thought of as great when they came out.

I don't disagree with you, but I have also heard many stories of pros trading for the old molds to stockpile while on tour. It was one of the things Feldberg mentioned as a positive for moving to Lat's team...not having to hunt for what he needed.

McBeth's proof that pros can throw a large majority of stock discs and not miss a beat.

Pre-Flight Numbers. It's the new "latest and greatest" high dollar plastic. Just another OOP.

Pre-Flight Numbers. It's the new "latest and greatest" high dollar plastic. Just another OOP.

I have quite a few PFN discs, I never thought of them as better than discs with flight numbers much less more valuable. Are they really worth more cash? Should I stop throwing them?

I have quite a few PFN discs, I never thought of them as better than discs with flight numbers much less more valuable. Are they really worth more cash? Should I stop throwing them?

They're bringing a premium on the Facebook auction site (at least they were). Better sell them now while you can still take advantage of the buffoons...