• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In what ways do you remember your round?

I can usually remember a round for a month or so, but I use an app on my phone that allows me to select the disc I threw and angle thrown, though this is only the tee shot. I have a paper version that allows me to break down all shots but rarely go to that much trouble.

I basically only remember rounds as a good/bad gut feeling and even that is less dependant on my actual throws and more on how i feel when i walk to the next hole. It really takes exceptionally good/bad throws for me to remember them longer than it takes to walk up to the disc.
One time in a tournament, the score keeper messed totally up, noticed it in mid-round and called for help reconstructing the round. I only could watch in awe as another guy rattled off everybody's score hole by hole from memory.

I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.

Seriously though in all things I've done, my memory tends to be a highlight reel of, "Best of" and "Bloopers". This sporadic collage includes whomever I was with at thine as well. I might remember a shot by shot right after a round if pressed but after that...

I played 2 tourneys this weekend and I can tell you shot for shot what I did over all 4 rds.....I have a strong memory if it something I want to remember.....I used to be able to remember every single course and the layout I have ever played but now I can't do that any longer as I close in on 200 courses....but if you show me a picture of a course I only played once I can prob remember it from that point......including how I played the hole and what score I took.

In bold for me.

I take a lot of photos when I travel to new courses. I have uploaded over a thousand photos here and have over three thousand more on my drives. If I want to remember a course I just have to see one photo and then I can usually recall the entire course, even if I only played it once.

I am far better at remembering places than remembering people. I can't tell you how many times I introduce myself to a player that says: "We played on the same card at XYZ tournament last year". D'oh :doh: That's always so embarrassing. :eek:

I only remember how I played if it was memorably bad or good.

I remember snapshots from some rounds, and more about important ones (tourneys, playing with someone new, first time at a course...etc)

What I threw, and how the holes are....I barely have a clue.

My wife must be right about my memory. :\

I can recall shot for shot, nearly any round going back a couple months(though some rounds I mentally block out lol). Been able to it since I was a kid playing ball golf. Sometimes I have a little trouble if its a course I haven't played before(sometimes I have to look at course pics), but most of the time I get it right.

I am far better at remembering places than remembering people. I can't tell you how many times I introduce myself to a player that says: "We played on the same card at XYZ tournament last year". D'oh :doh: That's always so embarrassing.

I'm the same. And it is really embarrassing.

After a round I recall all of my best shots, the way the disc felt leaving my hand, the flight, the wind etc.

Do I remember every shot I've ever thrown? Probably not, but I can usually recall any shots on a hole that I have played previously. I generally try to log (in my mind, that is) my best shot on any given hole so that I have something to strive for when I get to the teepad.

All I want to keep in my mind is the good shots.

I tend to think about the layout of a course way more than what my score is. Where the highest percentage of makable shots are, how to get there, and with what disc is what I'll remember days later.

I'm more likely to remember which shots not to take than what I scored. I can't remember the last time I actually kept an overall score through 18

Been playing bell golf since I was 6. I'm 48 now and always remembered my rounds shot by shot, not putting too much emphasis on the score.

Same in disc now. Shot -6 yesterday and remember each shot on each hole, where I was and what I threw.
Once I start the next round though, ...it's gone and can't recall the prior round once another one is complete on the same course that is.

I'm very similar. After a round, whether very casual or tournament I can recall virtually every shot. Except on a bad putting day, I sometimes lose track of which ones I made putts on, which ones I missed.

As soon as I play another round, most of that evaporates from my brain. Even in a 2-round tournament, I have trouble recalling more than a few shots from the first round.

I am able to recall the whole round/rounds shot by shot. I have a blog over at the finnish DG forum and usually I digest the round by typing it up on there, with comments what went well and what did not go so well and what I should have done. Not kicking myself too much even after catastrophic rounds. Trying to keep it also entertaining to read.

I can remember each shot at the courses we play all the time. Any course where I can talk you through the layout in my head I don't really need scorecard at. At a course I've never played, or not played enough to have memorized I need a scorecard.

Latest posts