• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Dynasty

Any word on what other plastics we'll be seeing the dynasty in this year? Hoping the swirly s-limes come back. I only picked up one and might end up regretting not having a backup.

Eric Oakley mentioned that there would be some time until they were available in anything other than I-blend again.

It must have been a smaller run because man, I'm having a hard time finding the swirly-s blend from scalpers on Ebay even.

Rocket Discs in Europe had / have some (lots??)

but no cheap
for you guys buying from them it would be like me buying from the US
prices suck
shipping suck even more

Tossed one of the I-Blends today and really clicked with it. I mean, it's a CD2, but it works great for my noodle arm in I-Blend. I didn't gel with the one C-Line CD2 I had, but I'd be interested in trying one of these in S-Line or whatever Infinite calls Star.

S-Blend I think

I'm a big fan of the CD2 (and RT2) but never really liked it in C line. Always preferred the S-Line

As for the Swirl Dynasty. They are very nice. Controllable, some flip, forward fade.

I'd be interested in the I-Blend but I'd want to know if they were flat or domey before buying. The EO Swirl Dynasty have a nice small even dome (not flat, but not pronounced domey). I feel like I heard the the I-Blend had some dome variance but I may be confusing that with the I-Blend Exodus

I'd be interested in the I-Blend but I'd want to know if they were flat or domey before buying. The EO Swirl Dynasty have a nice small even dome (not flat, but not pronounced domey). I feel like I heard the the I-Blend had some dome variance but I may be confusing that with the I-Blend Exodus

I only have one of each, and they feel the same to me. I haven't actually done a side by side to compare dome between the S and I blend, but they feel about the same. Small sample size of 1.
Also regretting not getting two S blends when they dropped. Frisbee scalpers can suck it.

CD2s can vary a bit in stability. I've found that generally pop tops are beefier but not always. I have flatter ones that are like valks and pop tops that are like a good PD. I used to love CD2s but fell in love with mixing PDs and Valks.

CD2 is nice in that it's one of those discs where one mold can cover a lot of flight paths.

Same experience. I had a pop-top Star CD2 that flew 9/5/-.5/2 & was incredible with FH's off the tee. I lost it & haven't been able to lock in a replacement. Bought a couple flat Star CD2's & they were, like you say, Valkyrie flights.

I finally threw my 172g S-blend Dynasty today. Nice flight, pretty straight with a solid fade at the end. I'd say it flew a tick more stable than a fresh Star Sidewinder. My third throw was into an estimated 10-15 mph headwind and it turned and burned. Kind of disappointing that it wasn't more reliable, but good information to have. I followed it up by throwing a seasoned domey S-line CD2 and a somewhat fresh C-line. Both turned but fought back at the very end of the flight.

I'm sure people that also don't know will say I'm wrong, but I'm not convinced it is the original CD2 mold. I'll reserve judgment until I see an I-blend Dynasty too, but based on feel in the hand and flight, my guess is it was tweaked. Just like how the Alpaca is not a P2, just very similar.

I finally threw my 172g S-blend Dynasty today. Nice flight, pretty straight with a solid fade at the end. I'd say it flew a tick more stable than a fresh Star Sidewinder. My third throw was into an estimated 10-15 mph headwind and it turned and burned. Kind of disappointing that it wasn't more reliable, but good information to have. I followed it up by throwing a seasoned domey S-line CD2 and a somewhat fresh C-line. Both turned but fought back at the very end of the flight.

I'm sure people that also don't know will say I'm wrong, but I'm not convinced it is the original CD2 mold. I'll reserve judgment until I see an I-blend Dynasty too, but based on feel in the hand and flight, my guess is it was tweaked. Just like how the Alpaca is not a P2, just very similar.

it is a flat version of a CD2
and flat CD2s fly different to any domey run on CD2

I've had many many RT2s and they are very different to an RT1 in terms of flight and HSS

I personally prefer the flat version of the CD2 and the Dynasty fits right in with them.

In my bag at present is an EO S Blend Dynasty and a hybrid CD2 (which might actually be a bit flatter than the Dynasty)...they both have similar flights, a little flip to flat and straight with a bit of fade

If there is a headwind, definitely needs more hyzer or turn happens and the fade back isn't the hardest (which for me is why I like the mold for straight flights)

I just received some I-Blend Dynastys

quite a bit of flashing (that the S Blend didn't seem to have)

they have a small dome, not pop top, but a definite dome as compared to the S Blend.

Like a certain run of CD2 (think RT1) the dome isn't immediate from the nose but about a thumbs width away between the anhyzer top and the dome

It makes the anhyzer top much more pronounced or noticeable than on the S Blend

I would expect that these should fly a bit more HSS / LSS than the S Blend (which likely matches with the throws that I saw from some LVC footage of some ladies testing the I and S Blends)

C-Blend Dynasties are out. Anyone throwing them? I hope they lean os. Still trying to find that in-between Thunderbird/Valkyrie mold.

Same (re Thundy/Valk chimera)

I ordered on Tuesday I think

it'll be weeks before they get up here

Do these have the Firebird wing like the Thundy/OLF?

Edit: nvm, scrolled up and found the sidewinder profile

C-Blend Dynasties are out. Anyone throwing them? I hope they lean os. Still trying to find that in-between Thunderbird/Valkyrie mold.

I have a 167g champ dynasty that I've thrown only a handful of times. It's very similar to the star dynasties that I have, probably a bit more stable. It reminds me most of my mid 160s g star thunderbirds. A little turn/drift, and a little fade back. Max weight champs I'm guessing are even more towards OS. Not sure how it will hold up in the wind, it probably won't, even in chsnl

mine arrived a day or two ago
I tested one out yesterday (flat 171gm) and they are perhaps a touch more HSS than the S Line

I liked the plastic, I liked the flight
A hair more dome might be useful

C blend flippy

I picked up a pink C blend dynasty marked 173-5 and it instantly was the flippiest disc in my bag. It's a totally useful and controllable kind of flippy. Just wasn't expecting it and turned over and burned a few drives.

the mould seems to have lost some stability perhaps

I threw RT2s for a while and I wouldn't call them super flippy for my arm speed, and I never clicked with the C Line CD2 because it was beefier than I was looking for in this mould

Neither the Oakley Swirl S Blend nor the C Blend show the same HSS that the RT2s or C Lines used to have