• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Dynasty

I got 2 metal flake glow Destinys in today

the flight plates seemed to have warped a little in shipping

hot watered them out and they seem to be where they "should" be

I'll have to compare PLH against my S and C but these seem to have a mini version of the RT1 dome (not anywhere near as pronounced) in that there seems to be a small centralized dome rather than flat across like the S and C Lines

I'll try to get one thrown tomorrow

Got a 171 Star (or whatever the Infinite version is) Dynasty. I gotta say this is a low floor / high ceiling kinda disc. I've parked some holes I've never been able to in the past but I've also thrown it OB plenty of times. It turns over into any kind of headwind and won't fight out is really my biggest complaint. Seems like a great mold if you play a lot and are actually good at disc golf and can dial it in, but for casual huckers like myself I'll probably go back to my Thunderbird

All I know is someone needs to alert @Throwbot about this recent development. Or, I mean, I guess I could...He'll find it. :D

Jeez, it took me long enough!

Ooh, and they have them in I-blend. Looks like I know where my tax refund is going...

Jeez, it took me long enough!

Ooh, and they have them in I-blend. Looks like I know where my tax refund is going...

I hope yours isn't like mine, as mine is basically a Thunderbird and had horrendous flashing when I got it. It was basically a Sexton Firebird out of the box, but without the flashing it became a typical Thunderbird. I stopped trying to season it in to get the flight I wanted as the ThB I had in the bag was better at the shots I was using the Dynasty for and I was also bagging a Chameleon to cover what the Dynasty should've been.

I hope yours isn't like mine, as mine is basically a Thunderbird and had horrendous flashing when I got it. It was basically a Sexton Firebird out of the box, but without the flashing it became a typical Thunderbird. I stopped trying to season it in to get the flight I wanted as the ThB I had in the bag was better at the shots I was using the Dynasty for and I was also bagging a Chameleon to cover what the Dynasty should've been.

Interesting. Was that with the I-blend? My experience with the S-CD2 was that they take a lot of "love" before they fly true to the -1/+2 numbers. Especially for the domey ones.

Flashing is a bummer, but that's what sandpaper is for! Also I think excessive flashing means older mold pieces (?) So the silver lining might be that we're getting the real OG CD2 mold.

Interesting. Was that with the I-blend? My experience with the S-CD2 was that they take a lot of "love" before they fly true to the -1/+2 numbers. Especially for the domey ones.

Flashing is a bummer, but that's what sandpaper is for! Also I think excessive flashing means older mold pieces (?) So the silver lining might be that we're getting the real OG CD2 mold.

Yeah it was an I Blend. I grabbed it as a dryable winter driver, but it just didn't do what I wanted it to. The I Blend should beat in quite a bit faster than the S Blend though. Mines pretty domey too.

A couple years ago I came across a Luster Champion Sidewinder, and absolutely fell in love. It was the perfect disc for everything it seemed - super straight, nice stability, little to no fade. I threw it for a year, and then lost it in a river. Was practically devastated. Sought out more, but the things are practically non-existent in the wild.
Fast forward to last week, and I finally pulled the trigger on a few C-Blend Dynastys. The plastic is very reminiscent, being a bit pearly and fairly stiff. The great thing is, they have that same idealized flight I remember. I really dig how stable they are - next to no turn, and the fade is late and forward. I'm calling them my PD-L, cause they have the same Anhyzer top, and a fairly straight wing. Excited to see how they break in, I'd love to have a couple in the bag from stable to roller.

Received 2 i-blend Dynastys in the mail today.

Definitely looks like the Anhyzer top. Also has the same tooling as the 2018 run embossed S-line CD2, for what that's worth.

ILUV is correct that the flashing on the bottom of the Dynasty is severe. That actually matches well with the 2018 CD2, also.

The only molding differences I see are that the Dynasty has a less blunt nose, and the bottom of the wing is slightly less concave than the old CD2. But those fall within run-to-run inconsistencies that we see often from the Innova factory.

Excited to see how the X-out Dynasty flies this evening!

Some initial impressions:

I sanded down the bottom flashing. The i-blend is certainly less durable than s-line, but the grip feels surprisingly similar. I was expecting a more chalky feel.

With only that sanding done, the i-Dynasty flies straighter and farther than a 7.5/10 S-CD2. Not a huge difference but noticeable. (Granted, the Dynasty is flatter and 170g, whereas the CD2 has more dome and is 173g.)

Slight flip up then holding the line with gentle fade. I'd say true to -1/+2. I'll be interested to see; the i-blend might beat in to get pretty flippy.

I'd like to season my i-blend to flippy but my area doesn't really have courses where I could truly hit enough trees in a short enough period of time

With that plastic and the dome I'd expect a seasoned i-blend to be a bomber

Just got some Eric Oakley halo dynasty's to try out. I used to throw the cd2 years ago and figured it may be worth revisiting. I usually use the escape in this slot but might have a use for this on certain shots.

Just got some Eric Oakley halo dynasty's to try out. I used to throw the cd2 years ago and figured it may be worth revisiting. I usually use the escape in this slot but might have a use for this on certain shots.

I like the Dynasty. It has good stability but it shapes smooth lines like a more understable fairway. I had one of the regular s-line Oakley's with the cool dragons stamp but left it on a practice field somewhere. Just replaced it with a C-line and it flies the same. Does the Halo add much overstability?

I like the Dynasty. It has good stability but it shapes smooth lines like a more understable fairway. I had one of the regular s-line Oakley's with the cool dragons stamp but left it on a practice field somewhere. Just replaced it with a C-line and it flies the same. Does the Halo add much overstability?

yes it does

The Swirl S Blend and C Blend seem to have pretty similar stability and lines.

The Halo is domier (think RT1 vs RT2 profile on the Swirl Dynasty) and more HS. Not ridiculously so but noticeable.

I can hyzer flip the Swirl and C Blend quite easily. The Halo I can't really get to flip up yet. It is still fresh.

FWIW the I Blend is also more HSS than the Swirl S Blend

Latest posts