• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Injuries sustained during play.

5slamma

Par Member
What injuries have you sustained while playing disc golf?

Today I played Nevin, stabbed a branch into my left calf on hole 18. My wife spent about an hour been digging "splinters" (they are more like small chunks of wood) from my leg.

What injuries have you sustained while playing disc golf?

Today I played Nevin, stabbed a branch into my left calf on hole 18. My wife spent about an hour been digging "splinters" (they are more like small chunks of wood) from my leg.

Lol played it yesterday. I made it all the way to #18 without any new scratches on my legs from the rough and my friends second shot went too far left just past that bridge. It is just a big briar patch over there. And sadly it was a clear disc so it took a good bit of searching.

But other then a few falls and scratches I haven't been too beat up on the course.

i'm just waiting for me or one of my friends to fall and rack themselves on a log bridge

I've slung my right shoulder out of whack and spent hours with an ice pack, I've twisted my right ankle a couple times and have suffered some pretty severe scratches from beating brush.

Mostly just rack it up to getting old.

My personal injuries have been limited to shoulder and wrist issues. Hurt the shoulder throwing a boss as hard as I could before warming up... Gained 50 feet on my drive.

Buddy of mine ripped the inner calf muscle playing in sandals... Lesson learned the hard way.

My personal injuries have been limited to shoulder and wrist issues. Hurt the shoulder throwing a boss as hard as I could before warming up... Gained 50 feet on my drive.

Buddy of mine ripped the inner calf muscle playing in sandals... Lesson learned the hard way.

I'm always surprised when I am playing a tournament and someone comes walking up in flip-flops of all things. One tournament, can't remember which, a guy came walking up with flip-flops and 3 disc... He did pretty good AND didn't break his ankle I was very surprised.

twisted my ankle bad enough that i had to stay off of it for a few days, just by jumping down a 4 foot bank into a creek to get my disc. landed on a bit of a slope and my ankle just bent outward.

also i sustained an injury to another player by xcalibering him to the shoulder.

I pulled my groin slipping in mud last year during a tournament, still finished first lol. Popped my elbow out of whack a few times trying to overpower thumbers. Nothing else really other than that, just your basic aches from carrying a disc bag and torquing the hell out of your knees throwing drives.

my buddy found a nice vine hanging over 15 foot ravine. needless to say, the vine didnt hold his weight and he fell straight down to break his ankle. Not exactly a dg injury, but it was sustained on a course, while he was screwing around. friends are so stupid...

I got a pretty nasty scrape from some hidden barbed wire last summer. It was a good reminder that I hadn't had a tetanus shot in a long time.

I've come really close to hurting an ankle several times. In the fall some of the courses have lots of acorns on the ground which can make the hills kind of dangerous.

Apart from scratches from branches on the course, or just my elbow getting sore from too many throws over a weekend or so, I am yet to sustain any legitimate injuries, until recently. Unfortunately the course I have played at the most over the past few years doesn't have concrete tee pads, so needless to say it is troubling. After a night of rain, one of the iffy tee pads was a little too slick, and my plant foot went out from under me, sending a sharp pain up my groin. This became so uncomfortable I had to throw from a stand still over the following few days. Still trying to work out the soreness.

So apparently, its possible to pull a muscle bad enough to bruise...
Had this pointed out to me today by a co-worker...pointed out, as in I didn't know it was there. Sustained Wednesday in the middle of a round, I think, because by the last 6 I was hurtin'. Just thought it was a pulled/sore muscle. Thursday, went and took out a few noobs, so I threw pretty light and easy...it was still sore...but I thought it was just that, sore...guess not. This is what it looks like now. It was impossible for me to see unless I deliberately hold up my arm and look in the mirror...looks to be about 6 inches long right now...

IMAG0280.jpg

^^^
OUCH
Scraped myself pretty good at Rosie down under a couple times. They trick you there. one miute your on a mudslide the next its all rock...

had an aggravating leg pull to deal with after playing a round on a course covered almost 70% on ice. For weeks afterward every time I'd play the back of my leg would bother me just below my knee. It's gotten better now, so that's a good thing