• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

innova ace?

booter

* Ace Member *
i found one today as i was tossin my wiz's. never heard of it before today. i did a little research on it and im guessing its still in production? anywho i searched on here but didnt find much info but that its used for the edge program.

It is fliptastic for anybody that has played the game longer than 6 months. My 5 year old son has one that he uses as his driver and it works well for him.

I'm assuming we are talking the recent Ace. Wasn't that an exclusive to Wal-Mart contract Innova had? Only in DX and they were all light as well, I think. 165 g I want to say. They also had some Ultra-Light EDGE Aces that were in the 130's at some point. Kind of like a flipper Leopard. Not a terrible choice for a kid as a first driver, it didn't take much power to get a nice straight rip out of one.

I'm pretty sure it's OOP right now.

See, I'm clueless about CE and high-speed drivers, but if you want to know about some slow flippy craptastic DX disc I'm your man!

They sold boxcar loads of them at Walmarts. Same mold as the JLS but only in DX at 165. They are a great disc for someone who throws 250 and wants to throw 280.

I actually bought 2 at the beginning of summer, when I first started throwing backhand. I'd been playing side-arm for 8 years, and figured I'd try out the disc innova touts as a beginner driver to practice the backhand. There's a nice review of it under the disc review section of this site. They're all 165, and come in a greyish white plastic. To be honest, I learned more from throwing the XD's I bought at around the same time than from the Ace, although I'm sure the Ace is just fine for beginners. You want something sensitive and slow to learn how to throw, not something that will cover up your mistakes. Definately not a rare disc.

yah, the ace is a DX JLS.

it's probably the easiest to throw driver innova has made in recent years. i used to start people out with them a lot. it still fades a bit so it's a bit more realistic than discs like leopards, but it's understable enough to be forgiving if thrown nose up.

basically, it's an "instant success" disc, but way more controllable than a sidewinder and the like.

not a great prep for faster drivers, but better than a lot of the other options.

Great for the newbie shopping in the department stores who stumble into the disc golf section... I don't imagine it taking you long to outgrow this one, and yes they are OOP...

thanks for the info guys! yea I kinda felt it to be jls esque. I def don't plan on throwing it though.i may give it to my little brother since hes get to play dg @ school sometimes!.

Latest posts