• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

They have a release date for this thing?

I've thrown some MVP, and I'm not convinced that having an overmold makes it any more "gyroscopic" than any other disc with the weight in the rim. As stated before, it's simply a marketing gimmick. I'm sure you were convinced about the extra distance potential before you ever even held an MVP disc.

I would actually from my experience say that they are far less gyroscopic :doh:. Am I the only one that found all their fairway drivers slow as hell compared to the Teebird? I'm not buying the hype.

About the the Atlas? I have no clue, but when I saw my local pro shop post this first thing I thought about was this forum and the craziness that would come of it! :clap:

I would like to see this put to the test. I may chop up a couple of discs in the name of science. Cut the flightplate out of both a traditionally molded and an overmolded disc comparable to one another (probably an Ion and a Wizard) and compare the weights of the two flightplates and rims.

This would be interesting, but you wouldn't have to go to that much trouble. Get for example a Roc and Vector of the same weight and cut out an inch of each rim, and then weigh them. You could get all the rest of your numbers from those measurements I imagine.

Again with this...why would you assume Innova wants to hurt MVP? Like MVP came on the scene and all of the sudden Innova's profits dropped thirty percent? i doubt they even dropped ONE percent.

My biggest concern with this disc is these so-called "compass points" on the disc. Will they effect the flight and, more importantly, will they tear fingers to shreds if you grip it on said points?

Any type of slider or skip shot has the potential for hanging up on these points too. With MVP the two sections are joined where they can't really be touched by an outside force. These are joined where the points could potentially get broken off. With that said I will end up buying one I'm sure. (I have to buy them to try them because with 5 shops in town, nobody gets discs in stock until long after they are old news. Just got my Zombee last week.

I was really unsure about them when Ions first came out, with the whole will the two sections stay together thing. Now look at MVP, a huge following. great products, and lots in my bag. I'm willing to give these a shot. Only time I'll ever have a problem with Innova is if Wraiths get discontinued.

I would actually from my experience say that they are far less gyroscopic :doh:. Am I the only one that found all their fairway drivers slow as hell compared to the Teebird? I'm not buying the hype.

About the the Atlas? I have no clue, but when I saw my local pro shop post this first thing I thought about was this forum and the craziness that would come of it! :clap:

Yeaaaa I was throwing the Tangent, loved the feel but not as much as I love my meteors. Dont know if the GYRO whatever actually does anything. Wanted to try the Shock but not sure if I will.

I find the Volt to be the fastest fairway driver. ever. All 3 are really fast. Teebird is slower in my mind.

This thread is finally as stupid as I hoped it would be. The Buzzz suck-off contest sealed the deal.

I personally am very excited for this release. Since when has a new disc ever been a bad thing? I myself throw a mixed bag with 2 MVP and 2 Innova but when it comes down to it, its all about personal preference and what you feel comfortable throwing. MVP does make a very good product and I don't think anyone could make me trade in my ion any time soon. Sure Innova has had some inconsistencies, but we can't hate them for that. Without the mass production and variety provided by Innova, the sport would likely be no where close to as big as it is today. Very likely the guys from MVP started out with Innova just like the rest of us (of course that is just speculation). So one could argue that without Innova, we may never have had MVP. Additionally, for those of you that have said Innova is crap remember that they still developed 2 of the best discs of all time-the Roc and the TeeBird. I personally don't throw either but there are tons of people that wouldn't venture onto the course without them; just like I wouldn't go out without my ion. I just hope they can get the quality at least close to MVP's.

Regardless of everything, most of us will try this disc. Let's let the disc's flight pattern speak for itself, shall we?

I don't think it's too similar to an MVP, the rubber comes all the way around into where you grip the disc, making it completely different. The only similarity is the presence of 2 different compounds, which has been done before.

I don't know if having a super grippy rubber rim is a good idea though, I feel some grip-lock coming on.

On the upside, I think it looks pretty cool :thmbup:

Does anyone else think they got this backward? DX flies far, but beats in too fast. DX core with a star or champ rim. That's what I want...

I personally am very excited for this release. Since when has a new disc ever been a bad thing? I myself throw a mixed bag with 2 MVP and 2 Innova but when it comes down to it, its all about personal preference and what you feel comfortable throwing. MVP does make a very good product and I don't think anyone could make me trade in my ion any time soon. Sure Innova has had some inconsistencies, but we can't hate them for that. Without the mass production and variety provided by Innova, the sport would likely be no where close to as big as it is today. Very likely the guys from MVP started out with Innova just like the rest of us (of course that is just speculation). So one could argue that without Innova, we may never have had MVP. Additionally, for those of you that have said Innova is crap remember that they still developed 2 of the best discs of all time-the Roc and the TeeBird. I personally don't throw either but there are tons of people that wouldn't venture onto the course without them; just like I wouldn't go out without my ion. I just hope they can get the quality at least close to MVP's.

Regardless of everything, most of us will try this disc. Let's let the disc's flight pattern speak for itself, shall we?

Groove??

Latest posts