• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

Does anyone else think they got this backward? DX flies far, but beats in too fast. DX core with a star or champ rim. That's what I want...

DX rim with champ/star core would be fine for midranges or slower, but I could definitely see the inverse being a better option for drivers.

This thread needs to die, the ignorance is painful.

No it needs to live.

Classic Innova here guys, gimmick disc after gimmick disc. First it was the Epic, next it was the Teebird and now this. It's just sad that they continue to waste everyone's time and money. :|

DX rim with champ/star core would be fine for midranges or slower, but I could definitely see the inverse being a better option for drivers.

But could a DX core take the shock of a full speed impact? I know the champ/star rim mold would be fine, but wouldn't the core fold in on itself because of impact and therefore the disc wouldn't hold up too well?

I'm not "super" knowledgeable about chemical properties of plastic but I can tell you that bonding/adhering an overmold made out of any kind of traditional disc golf plastic to a flight plate made out of the standard DX would be extremely difficult. Even after the production difficulty, the disc probably would not last very long. It's a solid idea in theory...but as of now I can't see it happening.

n00b: How did I shank that so bad?

Pro: You forgot to use your Atlas Points, n00b! For a head wind you want to throw NNW.

compass-rose-image-png.gif

...and just to piss off MVP loyalists.

People like you, are the reason people like me buy and throw MVP :)

I don't think anyone throws MVP because they have an overmold, they just make very good, competitive and consistent discs that people enjoy throwing more than other products on the market.

MVP is more than just innovative with an overmold (they are the first ones to do it correctly and successfully), but they use math and physics to make discs fly as efficiently as possible. One of the owners is a Physics/Math major.

The only thing that pisses me off is when people act with total ignorance or close mindedness.

Can't wait to give the Innova Atlas a try, but the injection stubs under the rim are a huge turn off right away... not sure why innova chose to do that.

I don't think anyone throws MVP because they have an overmold, they just make very good, competitive and consistent discs that people enjoy throwing more than other products on the market.

False. You may not, but so many shoobies do.

I heard the proto's were going to be CE core with unicorn horn rims, i also heard each disc will come with a lock of Climo's hair.

When can I preorder?

That sounds very open minded. :|

The only thing that pisses me off is when people act with total ignorance or close mindedness.

You mean like the MVP superfans that are freaking out that Innova is trying to steal MVP's ideas?

Latest posts