• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Blizzard

I have a 150 blizzard destroyer that is domey and is almost unusable. It's a great wind disc or really long hyzer shot but I rarely use it. I had a wraith that I used quite a bit but it was really touchy in the wind. It seems like they are different from run to run but a lot of people like them. Try it and see if you like it. No one can tell you if a disc will work for you or not if they don't know where you are at in your game. If you don't like it they sell pretty quick on here.

my wraiths and kraits are great in the 140's, teedevil nope, and my blizz destroyer at 133G can be thrown at 45 degree hyzer angle and still flip over into the ground so its essentially worthless

I just stocked up on 3 more 150 bliz bosses with bubble flight plate cuz I hear the wiggins signature ones will be the only production going forward and they have no bubbles in the flight plate. I have tried throwing a no bubble flight plate one and it was not the same.

Can anyone verify this? I have a 138 pre wiggins stamp boss w bubbles in the flightplate and this is my fav driver! With no flightplate bubbles will that mean they are only going to nake the heavier blizzards?

Can anyone verify this? I have a 138 pre wiggins stamp boss w bubbles in the flightplate and this is my fav driver! With no flightplate bubbles will that mean they are only going to nake the heavier blizzards?

Yes, that is all true, at least from the ones I have. I got a 150- Katana, 149- Boss, 142- Boss, 150- Krait, 139- Wraith, 148- Wrath and they all have the Bubbles.....I had a 156- Destroyer w/o bubbles on flight plate and I could not throw it at all so I gave it to my Bro-in-law. He seems to throw it just fine though.

Got my blizzard destroyer in. Neon green 138. Took it out to the field and threw it a few times last night. First few throws it tied my star teerex at about 300 ft. The third throw I put a little anhyzer on it and it went 113 yards. I thought I killed my teerex and it only went 103 yards. So the blizzard did go farther a few times when I had the right form. I don't know if it was just me, but I threw the blizz high the first few times. I felt like I had to concentrate on keeping it down because it is so light. Im happy with it. Only turned it over one time with a FH and that was because of me, not the disc. All this in about a 3-4 mph cross wind. none of my BH drives even thought about turning over. Overall I'm happy with it. Ordered from Disc golf center for $13.99 free shipping on wednesday afternoon and got it on saturday.:thmbup:

I don't know if it was just me, but I threw the blizz high the first few times. I felt like I had to concentrate on keeping it down because it is so light.

^so much this.

You caught on much quicker than I did. It took me two days in the open field before I quit throwing them to the sky. I throw RHFH for drives (mostly) and I found that to keep it down I had to extend out and flick below waist level. But, for some reason, I don't have that problem when tossing RHBH and I release at chest level. But all this has more to do with ME than the disc, I assume.

Still: I love Blizzard plastic. Just stay away from those 130s.:doh:

Still: I love Blizzard plastic. Just stay away from those 130s.:doh:

This.

Here is my history with Blizzard plastic.

1. I first bought an uber domey 158g destroyer. The thing was overstable to the point that I could only use it for massive hyzers. Not bad and definitely sparked my interest.

2. Then I bought a 155g Wraith and loved it. It was the first disc that i could top the 350 barrier consistently with. It is a stable flyer with slight turn and I use it on any straight shot.

3. Then I bought 154g Krait. It is much less stable than the wraith and destroyer, but still functional for hyzer flips and turnover shots.

4. Then i was tempted by the low weights so I just purchased a 136g teedevil. I have a 2011 Worlds Sparkle Teedevil which is too overstable for me so I thought I would take a shot. What a piece of garbage. The thing burns after 150 ft every time I throw it. This disc is more understable than my old beat to crap dx sidewinder. Terribad.

So in the end I have found a couple of useful blizzard discs and one absolute piece of junk disc. They certainly do not fly as stable as the regular wight champion discs, but if you buy a heavy blizzard my experience is that they can be a very useful disc.