• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Charger 13/5/-1/2

Pretty spot on description. I felt the Charger shined cause it was a tick up in stability from the Shryke. You can rip it flat to anny and it won't burn into the ground. Definitely agree with the late fade. For someone that has never clicked with Destroyers, it flies how I always expected a flippy Destroyer to.

Pretty spot on description. I felt the Charger shined cause it was a tick up in stability from the Shryke. You can rip it flat to anny and it won't burn into the ground. Definitely agree with the late fade. For someone that has never clicked with Destroyers, it flies how I always expected a flippy Destroyer to.
I've thrown probably 100 Destroyers, and the Charger is just flat out easier to manage. It's a hair faster, turns a bit easier, and stays flat much longer before wanting to fade. The only time I'd reach for a Destroyer over the Charger is in windy situations. For most people the Charger is probably more useful.

Took the star Charger (168g) out on the course today, and was really impressed with it. The Charger is almost "sneaky long". It isn't quite as fast as a Boss or Nuke, but will easily travel just as far.... and with less effort. Everything I said about the Charger rang true today. It does really well flat or with a very slight hyzer release. It'll pop up and stay flat for a good long while before fading.

The Charger might be the perfect driver. It'll take a big rip without turning too much or fading too soon. It feels good in the hand, and will definitely smash.

BTW, you do notice the extra speed and distance of the Charger vs something like a Cloudbreaker or Destroyer.

Took the star Charger (168g) out on the course today, and was really impressed with it. The Charger is almost "sneaky long". It isn't quite as fast as a Boss or Nuke, but will easily travel just as far.... and with less effort. Everything I said about the Charger rang true today. It does really well flat or with a very slight hyzer release. It'll pop up and stay flat for a good long while before fading.

The Charger might be the perfect driver. It'll take a big rip without turning too much or fading too soon. It feels good in the hand, and will definitely smash.

BTW, you do notice the extra speed and distance of the Charger vs something like a Cloudbreaker or Destroyer.
I agree that the Charger can offer more distance and likely excels on those lines, but the destroyer is so versatile, there's no way to replace it.

I agree that the Charger can offer more distance and likely excels on those lines, but the destroyer is so versatile, there's no way to replace it.

Agreed. I'd choose a Destroyer or Cloudbreaker when pure accuracy is necessary. Charger is longer for sure, but I don't trust it as much, especially in wind. Charger's good for 20' extra vs a Destroyer easily.

i have a proto/first run that has beat into a super straight flyer (probably my furthest flyer). the production run star chargers i've thrown/tested are less stable than that one.
picked up a halo after a few throws of a friends. it is more stable & so it doesn't fly as far, but that means it's more consistent/trustworthy. i'm really grooving with this combo; paired with a halo boss for the really stable duty.

i wonder how this will mold up in champ plastic